This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NAV1/GPS Switch ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NAV1/GPS Switch ??
    Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:13pm
I am desperately looking for the NAV1/GPS switch !

According to the manual, it is in the flaps and gears section. But the switch I find there is marked "HDG REF - NORM/TRUE" instead.

Im puzzled, it this the right switch ?
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 7:27am
No it is usually on the dash. Marked NAV//GPS.
I'll have a look on mine.
johnep
Otto Groschenbügel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 7:43pm
Just forgot to mention, I'm talking abeut the Freemium 757!

Is it just a wrong label or is it a different switch?
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 8:37am

Here you are. To access manual. Go to start, Just Flight,757 manual.
johnep
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
This time, it's no case of RTFM ! Smile

I already found exactly that photo in the manual.

But I found the solution ! As I always fly in the VC, I didn't notice that the switch is labelled correct in the 2d cockpit.

But in the VC, it looks like this, with a wrong label !

It would be nice if this could be fixed sometimes.

And thanks for your help, johnep !!
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 5:56pm
REgret I always fly in 2D, Only use VC if want to look out when ATC says AI in sight...yes or no. Suppose you could consider HDG REF Norm means HDG.
Can't see what is below in your shot. will have to have a look in the VC and see.
Have to confess found the 757 a bit complicated. Enjoying the A321 at present. So delight at last found out what CRS button for. All works a dream except sometimes the Purple line in GPS goes white and all goes haywire so have to revert to HDG. No real problem.
Send us a few pics of the VC and other shots.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:03pm
OK. I loaded up and cycled through views. AS I hovered the curso over the switch it was Nav/GPS....NAV with switch up, NAV/GPS.....GPS with switch down. Certainly looks as if mislabelled in your pic.
johnep
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 9:51pm
Thanks, this will help. I'll have to wait for the next try of the tutorial flight, as today I got my new 480 Gb SSD and I will move Prepar3d onto it to reduce loading times. I think on the weekend everything is in place again...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic