This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

146 not flying level on autopilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durseytu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 146 not flying level on autopilot
    Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 5:02pm
Just a query to check whether anyone else is having this problem or whether it's just me. When cruising with the 146 with autopilot on I can't seem to find a way of flying level, as the plane likes to fly with a nose-up fashion of 5 degrees. Anyone else have this problem and is there a way round it? I've obviously tried adjusting the trim but the autopilot controls this when on.

Cheers
RegY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 9:13pm
the problem isn't the autopilot, but the speed, especially on high altitudes.... this particular plane has to fly this way at this angle to maintain altitude. if you'd trim it to hold altitude without autopilot, it would also be flying at this angle

try and maintain speeds above 250kts at flightlevels above FL250. that usually has it at a nose up of 3° or so.

have some fun trying it out Wink
Reg
Durseytu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durseytu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:25pm
Cheers Reg I think you have given me what I need to know. I've been playing around and doing a bit of reading (you can tell I'm a novice, but learning how to fly these things is good fun). As it turns out I don't think it was the speed the was the problem as I was flying about 300kts... but the altitude. I couldn't find much info on altitude and I was pushing it to the same sort of heights as larger longer range jets. As it turns out I was exceeding the maximum operating altitude in what as far as I can determine is 31000 feet. So yeah too high means it has to struggle to stay aloft hence the nose up attitude! Thankfully I haven't gone any higher otherwise I could have stalled.

Cheers

Dursey
RegY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:03pm
yes, that is true....

different planes, different specs.... unfortunatelly, this one is older, used to be a tech marvel (before the age of the internet), but isn't anymore, so that's why not so much data is available, or even of interest. unfortunatelly

but yes, pretty much it should fly up to maximum FL310, and even then, you have to watch the speed, because it gets lower (.mach) the higher you go (watch the red needle on the "speedo" after FL250). so FL300 is about right at 250-260kts for long range flight in this one

Cheers
Reg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic