This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem entering/switching NAV1 freqencies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem entering/switching NAV1 freqencies
    Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 2:15pm
My problem relates to NAV1 only - there is no problem with NAV2. The NAV2 panel (both VC and 2D panel) display both the active and standby frequencies and work in the expected manner.

NAV1 on the VC:

The NAV1 panel has a single frequency window and a dual control-kno b to adjust the freq.  Identical panels are situated both on the centre pedestal (just above the RUDDER TRIM gauge) and also on the glare-shield to the left of the MCP. 

Problem 1: The control-kno b  enters the "active" NAV1 freqency directly.  I would have expected to enter a standby NAV1 freq and switch to active in the usual way? 

Problem 2: Whilst the NAV1 control-kno b "tool-tip" displays both the active and the standby frequencies, so far I have not found any means of entering a NAV1 standby frequency or any way of switching the standby and active frequencies.

NAV1 on the 2D panels:

The NAV1 panel on the 2D glare-shield operates in the same way as the VC NAV1 panel - so the problems relating to standby are the exactly the same.

The NAV1 panel on the 2D centre pedestal has an additional error: The dual control-kno b tool-tip identified the frequency as "NAV1 STBY" but actually displays/enters the "NAV1 ACTIVE" frequency.

I would really appreciate other forum members checking this out to see if they find the same problems. Also, if I have overlooked something or you know how to enter and switch NAV1 standby frequecies - please let me know.

If/when I am certain that the problems are as described I will advise technical support by email.

Bruce
starling View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:44am
Well I still haven't found any way of directly entering, displaying or transferring the standby NAV1 frequency on either the VC or 2D panel. However it is possible to enter a NAV1 standby frequency in the RADIO NAV (PAGE 1/2)  of the FMC  - access is via the RAD NAV softkey on the CDU.

Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic