This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interested in the Archer III but...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interested in the Archer III but...
    Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 10:37pm
Hello people. I've been thinking about getting the Flying Club Archer III but before I dust of the creditcard I have a question about the virtual cockpit. I'd like to create some different Archer panels to go with the different liveries, for example a version with a double GNS430. Is there enough room for editing the gauge layout in the VC? I'd like to know specifically if I can move the annunciators towards the grey spot above the artificial horizon, and subsequently if I can put an Stec altitude preselector in the annunciators' original spot.
Thanks in advance for filling me in. Oh, and highly anticipating the rest of the Flying Club planes for FSX Smile
Best,
Bert

'Rimshot' is a term associated with playing drums.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
4 GB RAM
nVidia 8800 GTS 512
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 11:56am

Hi Bert,

I’m afraid I can’t answer your question, I’m not that technically minded, but I will tell you that since I bought the Piper last week I find it one of the best, most realistic aircraft that I have in FSX ( and I have a lot). The avionics suite is one of the best parts of the aircraft.

Ian

Rimshot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 2:04pm
Thanx for the feedback Ian. She sure looks nice and I will surely use the panel as it is as well, if I decide to purchase the Archer Smile
Best,
Bert

'Rimshot' is a term associated with playing drums.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
4 GB RAM
nVidia 8800 GTS 512
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 10:22pm
Wish I could help too but I have never been so adventurous as to add gauges.

I have had this aircraft for ages and can vouch for it's interior quality, even without modification.

Sorry I cannot answer your technical question but it is great as it is!

Cheers
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 8:26pm
I bought the Archer III today.  Got the GNS430 in the 2D panel no problem, still some tidying to do.  I have it working as a popup also instead of the default Garmin 500 unit. Got the GNS430 in the 3D panel ok.  But its an uphill struggle to stop the old instruments from appearing behind it.  I can wipe them from the panel.cfg or rearrange them but they still appear where they were, I think they are programmed in that way.  To me its workable but may take some time.  I even blanked out the instruments to fade them away.   Now I need to rest a bit and try flying it some more, body is not good at the moment.  At the price I`d say chance it, its most likely possible and an excellent model to have anyway.

Reider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic