This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FMC update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FMC update
    Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 11:07am
why is the FMC in my PMDG now telling me its out of date
Many Thanks

Patrick
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 4:33pm
Hello, because if you want to fly it for real it is!Wink

You must purchase the latest AIRAC from Navdata or Aerosoft. But if you do update it, everything else in FSX will be out of date. Terminal procedures and VORs and waypoints are updated as well, depends how real you want evrything to be? VATSIM and the like probably need you to be ultra current!

Any airport & en-route charts that you have are also potentially updated by AIRAC cycles. Change the AIRAC cycle in the FMC and you may have to update some charts you already use.

It's probably cheaper & easier to use a set of FMC data & charts that are consistent with each other, from your own simming experience and work with that. We are flying in our own simulated world. If you fly on your own,  your simulator is fixed in time so your charts can be also.     

If you just want to get rid of the message you can go into your FSX folder, PMDG/NAVDATA/fmc_ident.

Change the line OpProgram= to todays, day, month and year.

Cheers.

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:18am
thank you I am a member of Navigraph and in credit. they have just updated the FMC database recently, can you tell me how to update my FMC
Many Thanks

Patrick
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:37pm
It's not compulsory. In fact when you update the AIRAC, you can find FSX airports don't line up, due to magnetic variation. When the sim was coded, many airports had slightly different compass bearings.

I've updated a few times, so I have more recent procedures, but haven't bothered lately.
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 10:25am
ok, so what should I do then? how do I download the latest AIRAC and to where, is it specific to one type of plane or all
Many Thanks

Patrick
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 6:31pm
Paddy, I too have a Navigraph account. I open ndac and log into my account from there. Its all self explanatory really.  Open ndac, click on download manager, from there click on "manage account online", click on my account, log in, then click on products, then download, under fms data, there you will see a list of all the different addons which are supported, you select the one you want ie pmdg, save it to your desktop in  folder, (its a winzip file) then open it and follow the auto install instructions. Done.

Rory
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:33am
thanks Rory, just done it, I needed your detailed instructions to do it, remember I am 63. As its a winzip file and I have it only on trial, which is about to expire, what do use then ?
Many Thanks

Patrick
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:30am
Either just download another winzip trial, or if you buy pc pilot its usually on their free cd included in the mag.  but mine expired ages ago and can still use it, so wouldnt worry about it,  Oh, and read my moan about navigraph - you should email em or put a post in their forum complaining about their now highly inflated prices, at least for the individual airac cycles!  And I'm 53 and a half ha ha.
patrico View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:29pm
LMAO just one more question, do I have to download and pay for individually all my aircraft i.e Wilco Aerbus, default aircraft
Many Thanks

Patrick
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:26pm
At the min one cycle lets you download and install to whichever aircraft you want to, ie, you could download one for wilco and one for pmdg.  Not sure if this is still the case with the new system as I still have a few credits left and not used the new system yet, wouldnt surprise me to learn that you can only download it for one aircraft if the price hyke is anything to go by!
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:28pm
ps, will only work with addon stuff that has a fmc/mcdu.  Wont work with default unless you have the isg fmc fitted to default stuff which does accept airac updates, but judging by the lack of support I received from them regarding some issues, I wouldnt recommend you buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic