This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 737 Professional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Severe Lag in V/C View

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Severe Lag in V/C View
    Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:02pm
I recently bought 737 Professional for FSX and have been testing it out. When flying in Virtual Cockpit view, the game lags so severely that it becomes unflyable.

Strangely, when in the outside views there is very little lag. Also, there is no lag when flying any other add-on aircraft I have. 737 Professional doesn't seem any more detailed then 757 Captain or any of the other Just Flight range so why does this one perform so badly?

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, were you able to find a solution?

My PC Spec is:
Processor: Intel i7-2700 @ 3.5 GHz
Memory: 8GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 9:23pm
A GeForce 9600 isn't a particularly fast card these days to be honest.

Outside views don't need to draw cockpit instrumentation, so will almost always perform better. But I'd expect some lag with that card unless you have the details sliders at a modest level anyway with a decent add-on.

Don't suppose you have the PDMG 737? Or do you have any other complex add-ons which have lag issues?

What sort of frame rates do you get around busy airports etc?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
cwk19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:40pm
Hi Slopey, no I don't have any PMDG aircraft but I have the C-130 and 757 Captain addons. These do lag a bit but not as badly as the 737.

I have done some tests around Gatwick airport, firstly in the default C172 then in the 737 Professional.

C172 averaged about 12 fps
737 Outside averaged about 9 fps
737 V/C averaged 2.5 fps
Off airport I get 20-25fps in 172, 15-20 outside the 737 and 5-10 in cockpit

I do have some scenery addons running; FTX England, UK2000 VFR Airfields 1-3 and Traffic 360 which I suppose won't be helping my abysmal frame rates.

If it is, as you mentioned, my graphics card causing the problem, do you have any suggestions as to what card I should upgrade it to?

PS: I have most of my sliders set Medium - High     
strgazer34 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strgazer34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 6:46pm
I seem to have the same problem, severe lag time in all views. I have tried all that Just Flight support offered. Nothing worked.I am an optimus and hope to find the problem. if anyone can help, it would be nice.
cwk19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 7:29pm
Well just an update from me, I have now invested £300 in a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Graphics Card which is supposed to be a pretty good card and alongside my i7 2700K processor and 8GB of RAM should make for a fairly decent machine.

However, when testing the 737 professional my FPS are still coming out at between 2 and 10, even away from any airports.

Now, I feel there is something seriously wrong with this addon as none of my other games or aircraft addons are behaving like this. I have tried everything I can to improve it and have failed even to improve my FPS by 1.

I have tested other aircraft expansions with my new setup such as C-130 Hercules, 757 Captain, Flight1 ATR 72-500 and various Carenado planes all of which get an average of 20-40 FPS.

I have no idea what else I can do :(

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 10:53pm
Try re-installing FSX, then SP2, then 737 without any scenery and see what frame rates you get.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic