This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creating a video?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating a video?
    Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 8:16pm
I have finally managed to record a video in FSX using FS Recorder.
Now what software is available for me to convert it in so i can upload it to Youtube.

Thanks.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 11:42am
I don't think you can. From what I know of the software it doesn't create a video of your flight, it records the various inputs etc required to make FS play back your flight within the sim as it happens.
You would need to get some recording software such as FRAPS to record the flight as an actual video.

I hope that helps
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by modelflyer modelflyer wrote:

I have finally managed to record a video in FSX using FS Recorder.
Now what software is available for me to convert it in so i can upload it to Youtube.

Thanks.

Hi, if I may add my twopenneth.

FS Recorder has a built in renderer. All you do is playback your FS Recorder "recording", which is within FSX. Whilst you are replaying it, look at the FS Recorder menu and select Render. Now the clever part is, while FS Recorder is rendering your flight, you can switch views with your A and S keys, pan and zoom and whatever you do will be rendered.

The FS Recorder Render format is wmv. This can then be uploaded to You Tube. The main problem with FS Recroder renderer is, no sound from FSX is captured. So you either add a soundtrack later in an editing program (Windows movie maker, or one of the professional packages like Sony Vegas), or when its uploaded simply use You Tube's music editor to add music.

Another method is to play back your FSX recording and if you have FRAPS, record what FS Recorder has recorded. Now, this way you will capture FSX sound, FRAPS will record what it sees and hears. The downside of FRAPS is it will rob you of some smoothness.

FS Recorder with its Renderer, is super smooth. I wish Matthias, the progammer would add sound to his renderer! Then just release it as an add on. Many would pay for it!

Have a peek at my Christmas upload. This used FS Recorder to record the flight and then the FS Recorder renderer to convert it.  I then ran the "silent" movie through my old movie editor to add the sound track.

Hope this helps.

Here is the upload;

Click on the link.

Cheers.

David

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

modelflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:35am
Thanks Herky,

I did not know about this feature of FS recorder so I will be checking out later when the wife has finished on the pc.

Great videos by the way.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
OK I have got it figured out now, well almost. How long does it take to render a video??
If I record say a 5 minute clip then click on "Render Video" I assume I will need to have FSX still running for this process to work??
It still seems to be rendering this 5 minute clip some 30 mins later as the drop down menu shows it is still rendering as the options to pause rendering or stop rendering are there.

I did set the rendering resolution to 1920x1080 so could this be why it is so slow??

Thanks.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 11:37am
Well I have created a few video clips now using FSrecorder and it does take some time but the finished result is of high quality.
I used a mid range rendering setting the other day and it took 9 hours to render a 10 minute clip!!
Much better than FRAPS as this kills my FPS somewhat.

Will be doing one of the JF BAE 146 soon.
Intel Core i5 3570k @4.2Ghz -

MSi Z77 Mpower mainboard - EVGA GTX770 SC4 gig VRAM -16gig DDR3 1600mhz @ 1866mhz - P3D v2 - X-Plane 10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic