This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgmdavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Start
    Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 11:45am
Hi,  I have just purchased the 146 but no matter how rigorously I follow the engine start procedures, they won't fire.  The N1 pressure rises but the engine won't light.  All the pumps are on but the only way I can start is using the Automatic start facility.

Any ideas?

Cheers
RegY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 6:15am
do you click on the throttle sticks to release them from the off position into idle?

that's the only one i got for ya.... mine always fires up... weird.
jgmdavies View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgmdavies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 7:55am
Hi,  I think I solved it.  Instead of loading the plane immediately, I loaded the default flight and then selected the 146, engines then fired with no problems.   

Thanks for the reply.

NicZ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 5:44am
I have also found the fuel mixture an issue on the 146 when doing manual engine starts:

1. Symptom
eng 4 starts OK
eng 3 only spools to 4% N1
eng 2 only spools to 4% N1
eng 1 starts OK

2. Fix
add full rich mix (ctrl-shift-F4)

2.a Permanent Fix
save default flight with rich mixture
To infinity and beyond. For certain values of infinity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic