This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xbox 360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xbox 360
    Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 4:18pm
I have had my 360 for about 2 1/2 years now,  I recently started to get a purple/green screen which makes it un-playable, obviously a graphics issue.

Having looked around on the internet I have noticed that there are a huge amount of people having this problem, funnily enough it only happens when the warrenty has ran out.
So I contacted $icrosft today and explained, I then told him about all the other reports I had read on line, he suggested it was only a couple of cases, it's actually thousands.

I told him to look on the web and see for himself, he said $icrosoft don't look at the web to see what problems people are havingAngry

It turns out that I have to £60 to get this fixed, I have no choice really, he took my credit card details and said a courier would pick it up, he then informed me that he couldn't put it through as the computers are playing up and he will get someone to call me back when they are fixed.

Seems strange to me that all these cases seem to be happening to consoles that have ran out of warrenty by about a year, and the only fix is to send it of to microsoft at a charge of £60. I think it's a pS3 for me after this, goodbye $icrosoft.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 5:16pm

You know what? I'd swear they deliberately design in a failure just passed the guarantee period.

I've just spoke to my son, and asked him about his friends Xbox, on the off chance he'd had the same issue, and do you know what he told me?

Yep, you guessed it, it's happened to him not just once but twice. Hell of a coincidence if it’s only a few and it happened to Dan's friend also, even more telling that it happened to him twice.

I would scream blue murder at them and threaten to make a big deal about it on the net, consumer organizations, the lot. Doubt it will do anything but you never know.

I always look for a long guarantee on products, if the manufacturer is confident enough to give you a long guarantee, then they are confident it's a good product.

My daughter had someof those expensive DHD hair styraightners, they are infamous for failing. It was way past the guarantee period, we had no receipt or even a box, and the company offered without hesitation to send us a new pair. You can't argue with that, and you can forgive them for having an issue with some units. Shame Microsoft don’t have the same policy.

AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 5:46pm
Well my Xbox 360 got a problem with it just as the guarantee went too. (Was playing a dvd it on 1 night and them all the Colours went into one and then got Stars and stuff showing on TC While the Xbox 360 mad funny noises) as it was just the Core system the next day i went out and bought the Elite system Xbox 360. But being the guy i am i didn't just let my old xbox 360 sit and get dust. The next night went on Micrsoft website, Typed in my Xbox 360 model number and they told me i had an extra 2 years guarantee on it as it was a certain batch that had a problem with them and i had 1 of them! So they sent me an UPS delevery tag, i phoned up UPS and got it picked up the next day, Got it sent back and it was fixed, (Motherboard problem), So anyway the point of me putting all this was, , , Have you gone on Microsoft's xbox 360 website and checked to see if your Xbox is in the Certain batch that had some problems with? if so its free to get it fixed.
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
Guests View Drop Down
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

I would scream blue murder at them and threaten to make a big deal about it on the net, consumer organizations, the lot. Doubt it will do anything but you never know.

Well I did mention watchdog to them, but to be honest they didn't seem to give a poop. I am starting to believe that microsoft are making quite a bit of money with these after warrenty failures.

Mine doesn't have the extended warrenty, I guess it's one of the more reliable batches that I hadAngry
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by piperman piperman wrote:

I guess it's one of the more reliable batches that I hadAngry

More reliable meaning it sticks to the manufacturers fault period?(just after warranty runs out?)

Like A $icrosoft Time bomb!!
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

md11nlm View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote md11nlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 12:54am
If computer monitors went like that, you think the industry wouldn't stand by its product?

Likely they would have a far easier fix, and you just pay the freight, they make plenty of money on that to fix them.
Peter,
American Airlines, the businessmen Airline circa 1980
KPIE & Tampa,FL RR station.
Favorites: St. Kitts, W.I. and Union Station Chicago, IL
leesheeky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leesheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 3:43pm

My daughter had someof those expensive DHD hair styraightners, they are infamous for failing.

are you thinking of GHD'S martin.
Wink
emo god.
we live to die why not die to live
fs9.

md11nlm View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote md11nlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by leesheeky leesheeky wrote:

My daughter had someof those expensive DHD hair styraightners, they are infamous for failing.

Wink

I have equipment, like if you cut a piece of wood by mistake an inch or two short, this board stretching devices, over a period of time and effort will stretch the wood back to where one wanted it orginally........use of water liberally, reheat the wood, stronger than before!
Peter,
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by leesheeky leesheeky wrote:

Wink

You would know because you use them! .........

Pansy! Wink
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:12pm

This has cost Microsoft millions as they have had to foot the repair bill  :

Confused
leesheeky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leesheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:19pm
i don;t use GHG's i use some rubbishpy ones
emo god.
we live to die why not die to live
fs9.

AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 1:48am
Originally posted by mavestar mavestar wrote:

This has cost Microsoft millions as they have had to foot the repair bill  :

Confused

Well weather some may agree with me on this or not BUT it's Microsoft's problem so they should pay for it. Clearly something is up with the Xbox 360 Systems and Microsoft know about it thats why they go out of there way to fix the systems,  pay for it themselfs AND on some system give you extra warrernty. They rushed the Xbox 360 systems out just like they are doing with the new Windows 11 or whatever name they gave it a while back. Vista is not 100% bug free yet now they are setting there sights on some other bug ridden OS that will make them a quick buck! but saying that, with all the fine's Microsoft have been faced with lately and now the 500m bill with the Xbox 360's they need to make up there profits somewhere along the line. Makes me mad!
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
md11nlm View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote md11nlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 2:49am
Many of you have forgotten about American Autos from sixties onward, they were good for about three years, usually first owner traded it in, or sold via  private party, and the sucker that bought it got what he certainly didn't deserve.

I own a 2000 Buick Park Avenue, fully loaded, has 100,000 coolant system, and many other maintenance cycles that are unbelievably long....car only has 73,000 miles on it, so I will probably die with this car.

However if car had maintenance schedules like commercial jet airliners, they would have a billion miles on them by now.....but cars would cost 1 million each, with annual maintenance of $30,000USD.

Driven 24/7, carry 6 pax daily throughout the year.

Peter,
Guests View Drop Down
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 6:47pm
Guess what, still no return call from $icrosoft after 3 daysAngryAngryAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic