This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic x unhandled exception errors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic x unhandled exception errors
    Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 6:10pm
Hi

I have recently purchased traffic x.  I am running windows 7 64 bit.

I installed both traffix x and SP1 as administrator (my account is the admin account but i right clicked anyway).  I also installed the new presets folder in the my root FSX folder.

When I run the traffic control centre and specifically 'Flight Plans' or 'Traffic Movements' I get unhandled exception errors;

Flight Plans:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TrafficControlCentre.ccSchedule.FlightConnection..ctor(String inLine, ccAirline thisAirline)
   at TrafficControlCentre.ccSchedule.load(ccAirline thisAirlineFP)
   at TrafficControlCentre.frmFlightPlans.airlineSelectionChanged()
   at TrafficControlCentre.frmFlightPlans.updateFormElements()
   at TrafficControlCentre.frmFlightPlans.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TrafficControlCentre
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/TrafficControlCentre.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ccResources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/ccResources.DLL
SzUI
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3158.22159
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/SzUI.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
FileUtils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/FileUtils.DLL
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT deKnaff registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Traffic Movements:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
   at TrafficControlCentre.ccAircraftTypeList.buildTypeAcftIx()
   at TrafficControlCentre.frmTrafficMovements.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
TrafficControlCentre
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/TrafficControlCentre.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ccResources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/ccResources.DLL
SzUI
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3158.22159
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/SzUI.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
FileUtils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/JustFlight/TrafficX/FileUtils.DLL
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT deKnaff registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I used the search funtion before posting this and can see no resolution other than the steps I have already taken.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:22pm
There are a few threads in this forum about users who get the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION errors or have parts of Traffic X not working correctly. You probably found those when you did your forum search.  A good search term, if you didn't use it already, would be to search for "Unhandled Exception".

Specifically, there is an issue where the install program, for whatever reason, may sometimes miss putting all of the presets files and folders on to your computer. When this occurs, you will get the kinds of issues that you are describing.

Just Flight issued a FIX for this ... a "PRESETS.ZIP" file which you can download.  I am not sure if that is what you are referring to when you say "I also installed the new presets folder in the my root FSX folder."  However, if that ISN'T what you are referring to, then see the details below about how to get that file ...

NOTE: The presets files and folders must reside on your PC where Traffic X expects it to be. You should leave that folder where it gets installed ... do not move it to a location of your own choosing.

----------------------------------------------------

1) Go to the Just Flight Traffic X Support page (link: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic-x)

2) View the topic titled "I get an error when loading the Traffic Control Centre / parts of the Traffic Control Centre do not function" (link: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic-x#FAQ3).

3) Follow the instructions and download the fix file. Install that (right-click and choose Run as Administrator) and see if it corrects your problems. Hopefully it will and you will then be able to enjoy Traffic X in all of its glory.

----------------------------------------------------

Also, after you have done this, it would be a good idea to make sure you have the "Traffic X Service Pack 1" installed as well. Do that AFTER doing the above fix. If you are not sure if you already have that or not, then it will NOT hurt anything to install it again, over the top of your existing installation, just to be sure. You can find and download the Service Pack on that same Traffic X Support page.

Other than this, you may need to open a support ticket with Just Flight support ... (link: Obtaining Technical Support).
Abidad View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:58am
Freddy, firstly many thanks for your swift response.  I had searched the forum and seen you advise the steps previously as outlined in your post above.  Therefore, I have already:

1. Uninstalled my previous install.
2. Re-installed Traffic X (right click > run as administrator)
3. Installed the fix from the JF support page which replaces the "presets" folder in the main fsx directory.
4. Re-installed service pack 1 (right click > run as administrator)

Still I get the unhandled exception errors.  I had searched to take the obvious steps but am still seeing the errors.  Any further ideas?

I have also raised a support ticket with JF directly.

Many thanks

M
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 9:34pm
Well then, you've done EXACTLY everything that I would suggest.  And, you've done it in the correct order that I would have suggested.  Therefore, I'm sorry, but I've got no further ideas for you.

So unless anyone else has some ideas (please post them), then it looks like it's over to the Just Flight support folks.  Hopefully they can interpret your error log and get you up and running.

(Given the date [it's Christmas time], and considering Just Flight is a small company, it's posssible you may not receive a response from them until after the holiday period. I don't know.)

It's a great package ... so it's a pity that it isn't working for you ... yet.

Fingers crossed for you.

CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 1:11am
2/16/2014

Ya I get the same exact thing with this program, didn't use to, but its been giving me that Error for quite sometime, just now getting around to messing with it.

Shame it should do this, kinda sucks, has to be the way the program was coded to work in development, something got over looked ???

tho I've got Traffic flying around and landing and taking off and parked, I just can't add any custom aircraft or compile anything.

Ohhh well, wonder if any of the other traffic programs have faults too, kinda leery of trying all these programs with all these Faults.
Pathfinder1` View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder1` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 1:46pm
Hi,   I am also getting the Unhandled Exception, I have emailed JF and
just had a email from Georg Bland saying he has not heard of this before
and have I tried the Fix, Yes I have tried using the Fix, I mostly use
traffic X, I do have 360,
Regards, Harry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic