This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alt. and ground

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alt. and ground
    Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 5:54pm
I seem to be having a problem with the new 146-200/300. The problem is the Altimiter and the radio altimiter and the actual ground. The altimiter is out aprox 2200 feet upon approaching runway. I have a report into JF, but wondering if any one else is finding the same. Maybe something I am doing ????

I have deleted and re installed, still the same. Also the old version of 146-200 the TCAS worked. The new 146-200/300 it does not indicate any aircraft
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 7:24pm
Not sure what you mean? Radar alt is height above the ground beneath you, the altimeter measures the height above sea level.

What is the elevation of the runway you are landing at, and do you understand how to adjust the barometric pressure setting?
patchman62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:07pm
Yes, adjust Bar. pressure as descending. The Alt of runway 2200ft. Altimiter in plane shows 4700 ft Rad alt. shows 2500 ft. In a IFR flight atc keeps saying to descend to 3700 ft.  Pretty soon I am smacked into ground and airplane alt is still showing something like 2500  radar alt is showing like 9 ft. 

None of this happened with the 146-200. Only after the upgrade to the 146-200/300.

Maybe I need a good uninstaller and reinstall the 146-200/300. Using the windows uninstaller did not prove any better. I also re installed over top and that did nothing.  Would settle for the old 146-200 installation at this point
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:18am
A good test would be to go and set 1013mb (29.92) on the altimiter subscale setting, then head out to sea, and descend to 1000ft.

What does the Altimeter and Radio Alt say? And what's the OAT?
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
patchman62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchman62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:27pm
Will give it a try Slopey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic