This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Power of the CF6!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Power of the CF6!
    Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 12:11pm
Just found this clip from a past Top Gear episode where Richard Hammond conducts a test on the effects on a car when driven behind a 747-400 with the engines at takeoff power!  Quite amazing!

Kind regards,
Tom
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 2:04pm
wow, that is some power! haha, they has blurred the tail but not the ''virgin atlantic'' on the fuselageWink
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 2:30pm
Yeah I don't know why they blurred that I mean you can easily see it's a VA aircraft just by the basic livery and colour scheme!
Kind regards,
Tom
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 3:34pm
yh, but hey. I dont think they are so professional about planesWink
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 3:45pm
They have to blur it as BBC have strict guidelines on advertising. Silly but there we go...
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008 at 3:57pm
The effects of wind are amazing.....paaaaaarp!  Glad I wasn`t driving.

Reider
leesheeky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leesheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 10:59am
haha thats videos crazy
emo god.
we live to die why not die to live
fs9.

ChrisE View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 2:03am
i hate this video, simply because TG lied!! They said "all 4 engines" It shows just 2 running, and 2 engines activated in the throttle quadrant!
The future's bright, the futures orange.

CTC Aviation
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 2:41am
They couldn't park the 747 with all four at full power - it would drag it across the tarmac!

I noticed when they originally aired it that they neglected to airbrush the tail out. The livery is rather distinctive though anyway.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
ChrisE View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 6:07pm
Fair play Vulcan!
The future's bright, the futures orange.

CTC Aviation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic