This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft lights on traffic x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longeneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft lights on traffic x
    Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 1:49pm
Hi

Does anyone know how to reduce the aircraft light brightness of AI traffic in traffic x as the aircraft look like balls of fire when they land which is unrealistic and poor quality in my opinion - they also like they are in a fireball from a distance at the beginning of runway before take off :-( Just swapped from ultimate traffic 2 to traffic x. Really liking traffic x except for the light issue - this was not an issue at all with ultimate traffic 2 so would appreciate any feedback on this or a fix.

Thanks!
Neil
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:01am
Do a Google search for "HALO.BMP" ... put something like "FSX halo.bmp" in to Google.

It is this file in FSX which sets the lights and their size.

Find, download and install a new version of that file and you'll find your lights look better.

Keep a BACKUP copy of your original file, just in case you need to go back to it.
longeneil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longeneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 9:18pm
Cheers for that! However, when I find the new file where will I locate the original file? Do I delete that and paste in the new file there? Sorry - not used to doing this, need a bit of a step by step instruction if you have the time
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 6:06am
You will find the original HALO.BMP file in the FSX/textures folder.

So ...

1) Find and download a new version of the HALO.BMP file.

2) Go to the FSX/Textures folder and RENAME that original file from HALO.BMP so that FSX does not use it.  It is easiest to change the dot to an underscore.  So HALO.BMP becomes HALO_BMP.  I would go one step further and call it something like ORIG_HALO_BMP so that there can be no confusion later.  Once it is renamed, FSX will not use it, and you've still got a kept copy of it in case you ever need to go back to it.

3) Copy the new HALO.BMP that you donwloaded in to this folder.

4) Run FSX.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic