This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lockheed Constellations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lockheed Constellations
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:20am
OK, so what else do ya do, when your not feeling well with a head cold ?
but sit next to a Warm & Toasty Fireplace and take Screen shots of Just Flights Lockheed Constellation Aircrafts, and try to ham up this forum a tad bit ! 

hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 12:28pm
Thumbs%20Up Yo Capt, hope you're feeling better, great pics. Did I see Duxford there? I used to go there in the early 80s before it became a 'professional' museum, you could sit in the cockpits of the liners Big%20smile. Can't do that now but it's still a brilliant place, there's a B52 hanging from the ceiling. 
Yes the Connie, shame they didn't do it in the white TWA livery. Back in the mists of time I made a couple of audio visual, slide/tape programmes to promote TWA in the UK. I had access to all their archive material. They liked the programmes so much they invited me to the States to make some more. Then one of their 727s' was hijacked to Beruit, they stopped all advertising and that was the end of that Cry.
I've been rained off of work today so there's nothing else to do but FLY!
Must Fly!
Piggles View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:34pm
Great shots Capt, I think I've got the start of cold too so thanks for posting and brightening up the day! (you have my sympathy and I hope you are feeling better soon) For me the shots got increasingly epic as I worked my way through them.
PeterL View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:35pm
All those nice pics make me wonder why there are no repaints available for the Connie, like we have for Manfred Jahns freeware version. As I only use payware aircraft I urgently miss "modern" paints for the Connie.  I know nothing about painting FS aircraft, but there must be a reason for this. Too difficult to do a paint ?? Many Constellations could be seen in the Caribbean 20 years ago hauling cargo out of Miami and Santo Domingo, the place was heaven for "prophunters" and I really expected to see some paints from that period of time. But not so. Maybe JF can do another repaintpack including those liveries, there must be more folks like me !!

Peter 
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:57pm
I've only seen 2 re-paints available for the Just Flight Constellation on some flight sim sites, 1 was the Quantas livery and the other, didn't grab my like mode, so I left it alone.

Sometime this Winter, I'm gonna give it a try at repainting these see if I can master it, with my paint programs, Paint Shop Pro, photo Shop, Paint.Net. and Dxt Bit map, and the Abacus paint program,, trouble for me is learning the Alpha texture thing, and trying to figure out how to paint the textures when their all chopped up with different configurations, I usually end up getting everything all out of whack and nothing lines up correctly or lettering 1/2 shows, which happened recently as 1/2 my letters down the fuseladge didn't show up after working 5 hours on just the lettering, it all went ker-poof ! Ouch Angry Shocked !

Ohhh well, painting these things will try your nerves ! Confused oh how I laughed Cry 
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 6:06pm
Ohh ya , that was Duxford too, by the way, 1 of 5 Airshow sceneries I have to play around with, the others i'd have to look up in my list, and I didn't feel like looking them up, to lazy and the big book of sceneries was across the room, and I was too comfortable by the fireplace & Lazy to get up and go look ! WinkEmbarrassedBig%20smile 
Piggles View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 8:18pm
Hi Captain, just started doing repaints myself, the Alpha Channel thing seems more mysterious than it actually is in practice so if you get stuck let me know.
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:37am
I had to Ham up my Military Cockpits a tad bit, with some Pin up art fitting for the era ! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic