This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Program VFR Traffic at EGAA (Aldergrove)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gm3ozj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Program VFR Traffic at EGAA (Aldergrove)
    Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 10:04pm
Hi

Can someone please explain the correct way to actually program a vfr flt which just does cct's at EGAA, say from 1200 to 1430.

Have tried without success, the flt is listed OK in the user schedule without any errors. Have generated just the user sched, no other schedules or buisness flts. No airline sched's. Have turned the airline slider in FSX all the way back, GA all the way up but the flt I want to see just will not appear. And yes, have compiled the results countless times.

Have tried both local and GMT times 10 minutes before the start time without success.

This is not a tech issue, I think, more what am I doing wrong, hence the forum and not tech support.

Everything apart from this annoying problem works fine.

Help!!!!

Thanks

Ian

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:38am
As a Traffic X user who has not yet migrated to 360, my way of achieving your requirement is to use AIFPC to manually create such a flight - it is really easy once you get the hang of it.

Create a 'flightplan' thus -
AC#1,G-BAWF,33%,24h,VFR,09:15:00,TNG09:45:00,20,R,0,EG01,11:50:00,TNG12:30:00,20,R,0,EG01
AC#2,G-BRIE,33%,24h,VFR,11:15:00,11:25:00,20,R,0,EG01,13:45:00,13:55:00,20,R,0,EG01

The first line will create a 'touch-and-go' flight and the second line will create a flight that takes off and comes back just the once. Note that it seems there must be 2 entries per aircraft to satisfy the system.
This method will always be better than using Traffic X/360 because you can put in a low 'xx%' value meaning that the flights will always show up in FSX. Traffic X/360 will put in different values for this in order to give an element of variability every time you re-compile. Sometimes the value will be above the level you have set in FSX so no matter what you do in Traffic X/360, you will not see your programmed flights.
I have user this method to 'populate' a lot of my small airfields with 'local' traffic to make them more realistic.
Hope this helps.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 2:39pm
Yes Ian I also would like this explained as I am struggling myself with this. However I am sure once somebody gives a clear and full example using the Flight Planner etc, in the TCC then we are on our away

John
gm3ozj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gm3ozj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 2:49pm
Hi Ray

Thank you for the reply, have downloaded the file from the website. it's been a long time since I used TTools so will brush-up and the old technique.

I did struggle with Traffic X when it came out with much the same problem as now.

If you read this Just Flight, as I'm sure you will, it might be an idea if this ability to set a low % value could be incorporated into the program, maybe as a 'tick box' say?

Just a thought for discussion over coffee sometime.

Thanks

Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic