This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another AI prog..same old issues ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReZ13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another AI prog..same old issues ?
    Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 4:27pm
Lo guys.

I've reported a few issues to tech, thought i would post them here also to see if i'm the only 1?
Maybe someone will have answers.

1. Traffic disappearing during Taxi, Takeoff and Landing.
2. Planes dropping from the sky( not vertical, but not normal glideslope) to make a landing.
3. Planes that land, slow really quick then decide to turn on the runway instead of next available exit. All planes did this.
4. I noticed the Dash 8 had no lights at night, i heard it b4 i seen it ;P

These where all witnessed at UK2000 EGPH Edinburgh.

I've never understood why issue 1 arises in all AI packages yet a little prog called AI smooth sorts it :/ but it is not implemented in the payware packages.

Regards

Rick.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 2:26am
I will respond to the ones I know about:

1. Disappearing traffic can be caused by many things ...

Landing ... Usually a plane will disappear from the runway after LANDING when all of the parking spots are full, or, if there are free parking spots but none of them are large enough for that aircraft type or do not have the correct parking codes assigned.  In other words, there is nowhere for the landing plane to park, so it disappears.

Taxi ... a plane will disappear after it has been told by ATC that it is clear to TAXI, but there are NO available taxi links in the AFCAD file for it to get to the runway.  In other words, it gets cleared to taxi, but has no way to get to the runway because there are no completed taxi links from that parking spot to the runway in the AFCAD (ie, the links are non existent, or are not connected somewhere [broken]).

Takeoff ... I have no idea.

4.  The DASH 8 in Traffic X also had no lights.  Hmmm.  Interesting.  It is possible to fix this yourself by editing the aircraft.cfg file for that model and editing/adding details in to the [LIGHTS] section of that file.  A GOOGLE search will provide details on what needs to be added and how to go about that.  Also, look at that [LIGHTS] section in another aircraft.cfg of another model to see how it's done.  This link here is a good place to start: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx#mozTocId274992

keeprighton1974 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeprighton1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:28pm
1. Yes
2. Not seen yet
3. Yes
4. Seen Dash 8 taxi with door open/steps down

With this add-on never assume anything is down to your system or setup..!
ReZ13 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReZ13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 5:46pm
Thanks for your answers Freddy, I will troubleshoot your possible answers over the next few days.

All planes should have lights...its 2012...lazy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic