This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too much gate traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strange vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too much gate traffic
    Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 9:09pm
Hi, I have just bought traffic 360 and whilst I am enjoying the addon, whenever I fly into any airport regardless of size, I cannot get any gate or ramp parking as they are all rammed with airline traffic. It's a small thing but it's beginning to grate a little. I have tried pushing the airline traffic slider down which doesn't help and neither does reducing the density in the tcc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
WillClark View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillClark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 8:27am
I have this issue as well...
Take Care

Will
cwk19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 9:56am
This is the biggest issue I have with Traffic 360, no matter how low I set my traffic density, almost every gate is occupied and barely any of the traffic moves.

Also, at a lot of airports I am only seeing one airline, I counted 24 easyjet aircraft, all static at Bristol the other day and this was with traffic set to 35%. The only other aircraft was an old Flybe dash 8.

At least I'm not the only one having this issue.
strange vision View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strange vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 12:14pm
I thought it was just me too, in light of the fact there are a few of us I have logged it with technical support.
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 2:59pm
Well it's good to have a forum - certainly saved me a lot of heartache. Even so I made the mistake of thinking T360 would update/upgrade my TrafficX so had to go through the whole uninstall/cleanup routine before reinstalling T360. I have airline traffic at 20% to make any largish airport useable for me, but seem to see very little traffic movement. Curiously, I have yet to see anything on the apron at Bournemouth. It's good to see current paint schemes though - I will stay with T360 and hope for a SP at some time.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strange vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 4:22pm
20%!? Think yourself lucky, at 20 all airports become unusable, gate, ramp and ga are full. I can't set the airline percentage to anything over 10 and at that point I can't be sure that t360 will even work properly
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lampoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 7:09pm
I posted the possible reason for this last Monday in another thread, I also emailed support to which I received a reply stating they are aware of it.

I use a traffic board program which lists all the incoming/outgoing and static A/C, in every airport I checked and no matter what time, some 30 to 50% of the traffic were for flight plans in the next few days and even upto a week, this percent of A/C appear to have priority to the parking spots.

It's possible it was implemented so that airports would not be bare due to real flight schedules, but we will have to wait and see.

If you want to see traffic movement try 6.39-7am in the morning,
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strange vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 7:39pm
Is there any kind of temporary fix in the meantime? What percentage of airline traffic are you using?
keeprighton1974 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeprighton1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:40pm
Just to add my voice that I am getting the same. Landed at EHRD Rotterdam to see every stand taken by Transavia 737-800's. No other airline. No aircraft movement. Little at other airports, even at peak times.
We are all in the same boat.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strange vision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:51pm
If it helps, if you keep the airline density slider at 11% or below you should see an improvement in gate availability whilst not losing crazy amounts of active traffic, well, that seems to work for me. As for the issue with cloned aircraft, I have no suggestions, although at least they're relevant to where you are in the world, mind you, seeing an airport full of easy jet and Ryanair aircraft is a bit grim. Also seem to be lacking a lot of cargo aircraft being present, I'm yet to see one.
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lampoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:33pm
Strange Vision,

Where did you see the Ryanair aircraft, I am yet to see any, as for the Cargo I have only seen 2 and I think they were at Stansted, in TrafficX there were loads of Cargo at EGNX but none in T360.
bigcav View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 3:21pm
My spotty has waited so long for anything to leave the gate and take off, he's got into his carsim,gone to his simhome and is taking up trainsim spotting!

bigcav
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic