This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I list the VFR traffic UK plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I list the VFR traffic UK plans
    Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 8:36pm
How can I list the UK VFR Flight plans which are included in a fresh installation? If I open the flight plan window in the TCC and then add the VFR traffic United Kingdom, jf_VFR.United KingdomVFR, to the Airline /Carrier dropdown list, then when I select it no flight plans appear.
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lampoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:13pm
Pipeorgan,

AIFPv2 can de-compile a bgl file, see this thread. http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20018

You may have to create a new bgl with only the selection you want so the bgl only contains those plans/planes.
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 9:02pm
Thanks Lampoil for the info. I did actually think that I could display the VFR UK flight plans using the TCC but may be I cannot but will use your suggestion if I need to dig deeper.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 9:34am
If you would like to manually edit the VFR schedules/flight plans, please copy over the relevant VFR schedule (.tcc file) from this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\Flight Plans\VFR Traffic

To this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\Traffic360\TrafficControlCentre\Presets\Data\Schedules\Flight Plans\User Schedule

You can now select the VFR schedule from the drop-down box in the Flight Plans menu of the Traffic Control Centre and edit the flight plans contained within it.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:13pm
Thanks Martyn, I will try that. I am a Prepare3d user but I expect I use a similar path but in the ........Prepare3d folder.......\VFR Traffic
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 10:46am
Excellent I can now see any of the traffic360 flight plans, however I still am not able to see any VFR Traffic.

I have copied the VFR schedule for the UK as you suggested and can see all the flight plans in the flight planner. I have not changed any but simply selected the VFR United Kingdom in the Traffic Movements and and only compiled the UK schedules.

I have checked that the IFROnly =0 in Prepar3d and then run Prepar3d with Airline traffic slider to 0 and General traffic slider set to 100%. When I run the flight sim then no VFR flights at all are produced at any General Traffic slider setting. However if I vary the Airline traffic setting then I can see lots of Airline flights. I am using Flight Sim. Commander to check the density of traffic. What do I need to do to resolve this?
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:26pm
I reported my VFR traffic problem to support who responded immediately and asked me if I would re-install which I did. I then checked the IFSOnly and found it was none zero but also realised that I was looking at the text file and not the actual Prepare3d.cfg file so delegated that text file. It seems that my problem was a mix of a Prepare3d bug and my mistake and Traffic360 now gives me lots of VFR Traffic which is fantastic!
altena View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:41am
Pipeorgan, did you mean: support asked you to install traffic360 again?

Henk
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 4:51pm
Yes but in this case I do not think it was really necessary. What is your problem?
altena View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote altena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 5:59pm
My problem is that I made flightplans for VFR-flights, but I don't see any AI-traffic, including them. I wrtoe a post at 28.11, but was unseccesful until now.
You told in this thread, that you copied the VFR-UK.tcc file, and that you saw the flightplans, but not the AI-traffic. Later on, after reinstalling, you saw the VRF-traffic. This made me very curious.
Now I would like to ask you: did you compile these VFR flightplans, and before that, did you also rename the original traffic-file which was compiled by JT during installation, or was there another way you worked around to see the AI-traffic?
Thanks for the answer in advance
Henk
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 12:08am
Hello Henk
My problem not seeing AI traffic was not a Traffic 360 problem but a Prepar3d problem and a mistake by me. Yes I did compile a new file and from memory it has to be user schedule file and suggest you creat a new Airline/Carrier first for the new plans and just recompile that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic