This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting to install 360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiting to install 360
    Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 4:12pm
ConfusedThanks to Just Flight for allowing us Traffic X users to purchase 360 at a reduced price but what a pity it was call an"Upgrade". Upgrades usually install over the existing software to improve the workings of the original software. I gather that 360 is in fact a completely stand-alone product that is supposed to be better than the previous one - I would hope so anyway.
Having read all of the previous forum entries I am loathe to install something that is not only not better but it seems substantially worse. Like others I have spent a load of time refining my X version to get rid of some really silly flightplans (e.g. Beavers that land on a hard runway and stop because they don't have any wheels - a classic error!) and done lots of changes to the aircraft configurations (cruise speed, max range, parking radius, etc). I have also modified a lot of the AFCADs as well. I would not want to go through all that again.
Before I 'Take the chance' and install 360, can anyone help me with the following questions? (I intend keeping my X version in place for the time being.)
Where does 360 install to? \FSX\JustFlight\Traffic360?
Where are the aircraft? \FSX\Simobjects\Traffic360?
Are the .TCC files in the same format as before?
Does the Compiler still ignore the user VFR aircraft registrations and give multiple aircraft the same registration?
Is the new flightplan file "Traffic360.bgl"?
Are the new aircraft 'titles' "JFAI_T360_xxxxx" or similar?
If I knew the answers to these queries I may take the chance and install 360 but otherwise I am reluctant to proceed.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 12:01pm
I too am a long time Traffic X user ... with many modifications and updates done to flight plans, aircraft.cfg files, repaints, AFCADs, planes etc.  I have held off on purchasing Traffic 360 because I too wish to know the answers to the exact same questions you have asked.  For me, after dedicating the time, Traffic X is performing wonderfully ... and continues to do so.  Therefore, for now, with Traffic X, the old line "if it aint broke, then don't stuff with it" still currently applies for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic