This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLess traffic with 360?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Less traffic with 360?
    Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:12am
Does anyone else feel that they're actually getting less traffic with T360 than with Tx?

With TrafficX at 40-50%, flying out of Manchester EGCC at any given time I'd typically get two or three aircraft in the queue at the runway holding point in front of me, with a couple of other aircraft taxiing behind me.

With the same slider settings under Traffic 360... well I've had the sim running for over an hour and clocked twelve departures in total. The runway holding points are empty, as are the taxiways. All the parking slots are full, but there's little to no actual activity.

I'm not shouting "bug" yet, I'm just wondering whether I've messed up the schedules somehow, or if any other users are experiencing the same thing.

Dr V
limjack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:23pm
I was wondering the same thing.  KSEA I put my slider in FSX at 20% and that seems to fill all the slots at the airport but actual aircraft taking off is as you said.  Thought I did something wrong as well. 

Jim  
steve-0 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 7:08pm
Hi
someone in another thread said that if you have airport traffic set low or sparse there aren't enough fuel trucks.so the departing aircraft have to wait while they get around.higher airport traffic means they depart quicker.If however you turn off airport traffic it bypasses that bit and they depart straight away.
However...i tried that and it still seems very slow for anything to happen.
I remember Traffic X had the same problem until they released SP1 which increased the rate of movements.

steve-0

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 6:00am
I don't have Traffic 360, so you can take this or leave it ...

... I have a theory:

Because Traffic 360 is based on real-world schedules, perhaps what you are experiencing is 100% correct.  Perhaps there just are not that many traffic movements for that time of day and/or season.  And, if you adjust the sliders to be LESS, then that could actually mean you are seeing LESS of LESS (does that make sense?).  Maybe it's a case of being used to Traffic X, which didn't use real-world schedules, and thus probably had loads of traffic (unrealistically too much?).
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:32pm
I think Freddy has hit the nail on the head there!

If you want extra traffic then I'd suggest using the TCC to add extra traffic to the database,.

DrVesuvius View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 5:16pm
So in other words, yes there is less traffic in T360 than Tx.

I did already try changing the time and date to early August mid-morning, to see if the summer period was any busier, but at 75% traffic it didn't seem to be.

I've just fired it up again, with traffic turned up to 100% (and airport vehicles turned to zero) and gotten a few flights departing in the last twenty minutes, looking a little more like the volume of departures I can see on flightaware.com. Funny thing though, whereas FlightAware is reporting quite a mix of carriers flying this hour, in T360 it's Speedbird, Speedbird, Speedbird, Speedbird, Air France, Speedbird etc.

I guess I've been spoilt by the variety and volume of traffic made up by TrafficX in the past. On the bright side, I can now turn the traffic dial up to 100% and still have a chance of getting a word in edgeways with ATC.

By the way, when you say that Traffic 360 is using real-world schedules, does that mean you're only showing scheduled flights and not including chartered flights? That might explain things, since I understand a large proportion of Manchester's business comes from charter flights.
diceflo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 12:44am
yep, agree totally. I foolishly uninstalled traffic x and plus paks to start with the brand new and improved traffic program.  I am certainly missing many airlines and less traffic that I used to have.  I am contemplating to uninstall traffic 360 reinstall the previous traffic x and then reinstall traffic 360. It seems like a lot of work but I wonder if I will be better off. I'm not sure if that can even be done?. Can all these products work together in harmony? Is there a list anywhere with the airlines that came with traffic x so I can compare? sorry for all the questions.
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 1:07pm
Well I did exactly the same uninstalled Traffic X (Tx) and Installed Traffic 360 (T360), however I have been messing with this over the weekend as I have Super Traffic Board 3 installed and this is what is been displayed in FSX:

Out of some 10/12 airports using T360 I have monitored approx 30-50% of the aircraft are not for that days schedule, in fact they are for days in advance and up to a whole week, I cant recall this been the case in Tx at all, maybe this is intended and the recession has been introduced into T360!

All the airports I checked are heavily populated with just a few airlines, for instance EGNT-Easyjet/Flybe/BA, EGNX-BMI (almost every aircraft), EGCC-Speed Bird-Easyjet-etc, there are other airlines but only a few.

I am yet to find any aircraft from airliners like Ryan Air, Thomas Cook, Thompson, Jet2 to name a few. I have only found 2 cargo planes in all the loading and cant simulate a single cargo plane at EGNX with T360, there were plenty with Tx.

I use all uk2000 extreme airports but have used various AFX files including the ones installed with T360, all with no difference and I have tested stock airports like EHAM as well.

For those that wish to see some AI take offs there seems to be a rush hour at most airports around 07:59-8:00(well the ones I looked into anyway), for instance EGCC had 11 planes planned for departure with 30% traffic settings in FSX, the same at EGBB,I increased the traffic to 100% and 30 planes were planned for departure at EGBB at 07:59 and none appeared to be duplicated.

I have also backed up and recompiled the traffic file to include summer 2012, military, user and vfr traffic, this did not improved the variation of traffic but only reduced the size of the traffic file quite considerably.

Maybe someone from Just Flight can confirm these findings and indicate if a patch is imminent as the full product is launched later this month.

LO
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 8:58am
Please submit all findings/questions/bug reports to the support team so that they can be properly collated and investigated: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19996
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 5:09am
The issues in this thread are depressing. I hope a remedy will come forth from the t360 developers.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 8:46am
As Rich has already explained, there is no less traffic in Traffic 360 than in Traffic X, in fact there is more. However the schedules now use real-world data so that departure times are more realistic. This is not a bug but a design feature of the product.

We are currently investigating how to provide an alternative means of scheduling to accommodate those users that wish to see greater traffic movement, even if that means reverting to a less realistic departure schedule.

@Quick: I can't find any support requests from you. If you are encountering problems with the product then please contact us so that we can assist you.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 10:28am
Martyn,

As my previous post states the main problem does not appear to be the real world schedules, I like others who have upgraded (changed) have tested for hours and my findings posted earlier only get clearer, last night I landed at Bristol with 30% traffic and every parking slot full, most of the parked aircraft were for flights for later that day and the next 7 days, this has 2 issues:

1. No parking for planes due to land means they cant continue their schedule (fewer take off's).
2. Increasing traffic would only make it worse as it seams aircraft starting a new schedule in the coming days has priority over the parking spots.

On top of that there is missing carriers from the schedules loaded into FSX so the schedules are far from real.

I did email support with a link to my post and received a very brief reply on Monday ***Thank you, we are currently aware of this***.

I like others should be told when and what is been changed so we can make our own decisions as to either request a refund or wait for a fix, it is quite annoying to read at the end of the manual ***We would also like to express our heartfelt thanks to our superb team of beta testers.
Take a bow, gentlemen!***. From the moment I installed T360 things didn't look right. Personally I am now considering removing T360 and testing a competitors product, reinstalling Traffic X after all the time I have wasted only annoys me more.

Jim
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 10:48am
Hi Jim,

If you have reported these issues then our team will be looking into them as their e-mail suggests. Unfortunately until the issue has been looked into further by the developers, we are not able to provide an indication of time-scales for updates.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Quick: I can't find any support requests from you. If you are encountering problems with the product then please contact us so that we can assist you.

Thats correct Martyn. Reason being that I am very new to AI and Traffic 360 so I have to rely on the more experienced users who are well familiar with T360 and AI aircraft who spot these issues. I don't want to report something and turns out to be normal and how things are. That would be wasting both of our time.
diceflo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:44pm
I was also wondering if we can install traffic x by itself, that way we can have both programs working and supplementing airlines because I have noticed some airlines from traffic x are not in traffic 360. It seems fsx can read multiple traffic files so i'm sure there is a way to make it work. The traffic control is better in traffic x so it's "easier" to customize than traffic 360.  
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:57pm
You should be able to install Traffic X alongside Traffic 360, however you will need to remove the tower, pushback and follow me vehicle folders from the Traffic X folder in order to avoid duplicate aircraft errors.

All of the airlines from Traffic X should be in Traffic 360 (Traffic 360 includes all Traffic X content, as well as Traffic PlusPak X content). Have you tried enabling different schedules within the Traffic Movements menu (found in the Traffic Control Centre)?
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
diceflo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 5:19pm
Yep that's what I did so now they are "working together", but I have one issue. I only compiled a few missing airlines that was not in traffic 360 but now I have those pesky Merican fokkers and atr's . I have no idea why. I did not compile American, unselected random traffic, and set the traffic generator to 0 so how come kmia is full of ugly fokkers and atr's?
KiwiFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 5:07am
From my perspective as someone who has used UT2 prior to installing T360, T360 has actually taken traffic volume to a new level, for me at least. A few screenshot examples, this is traffic set to 80%

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 7:00am
Nice screenshots.

As an Australian, the first two screenshots are of great interest to me.  Sadly though, the first two screenshots (Melbourne and Brisbane, in Australia) show VIRGIN BLUE aircraft and PACIFIC BLUE aircraft.

"Virgin Blue" has changed its name to "Virgin Australia". This was announced by the Virgin group around March 2011. The LIVERY for their aircraft changed accordingly.

And, the Virgin Group is quickly phasing out the PACIFIC BLUE aircraft and has purchased some ATR aircraft.

I am horrified to see the INCORRECT Virgin Blue livery appearing in these Traffic 360 screenshots.  And I am horrified not to see any ATR aircraft.  Especially considering the announcement for the NAME AND LIVERY CHANGE, and purchase of ATR aircraft, was made back in MARCH 2011 ... long before Traffic 360 was released ... giving Just Flight plenty of time to get the livery correct, including adding ATRs.  I am also horrified to see Pacific Blue planes when they are actually being phased out by the airline.  I haven't seen a Pacific Blue plane at an Australian airport in a LONG TIME.

For the record, the Virgin Blue livery was the RED colored planes (a humorous play on the words "Virgin Blue") and there was only ever ONE of the BLUE colored planes (the single 50th anniversary plane).

The new Virgin Australia livery looks like this:

To me, the INCORRECT RED COLORED "VIRGIN BLUE" LIVERY is a GLARING ERROR in Traffic 360 ... not to mention no ATRs, the Pacific Blue aircraft, and the number of BLUE colored planes (instead of just one).  This could all very well be the "show stopper" for me against purchasing the product.

With Traffic X I spent LONG HOURS repainting the various Virgin Blue aircraft converting them to the new Virgin Australia livery.  I then painted and added an ATR to the airline's fleet.  And I spent time removing all the incorrect BLUE colored livery planes from the schedules.  I would hate to have to do all of that over again if I was to purchase Traffic 360.

I could forgive Traffic X as the announcement was made before Traffic X was released. But, I cannot forgive the changes not appearing in Traffic 360.

As a side-note ... it takes time and money for an airline to repaint all of its planes.  And therefore, even today in the real Australian skies, there are still some planes painted in the RED Virgin Blue livery.  Those planes WILL eventually get the new livery painted on them.  All in good time.  For now though, you do see a MIX of the Virgin Australia (repainted) planes, and some RED planes as well.

But, again, it is disappointing to see the INCORRECT liveries in Traffic 360.

A single word comes to mind: Fail!
KiwiFlyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 8:05am
You are having the same reaction I did when I first went to New Zealand and saw only Jetstar is operating, no Air NZ dom ops at all.

I got over my initial dismay and I have spent more time with T360 exploring the world and have started to look beyond the package as it currently is into its deeper workings, and I must say it has real merit. Each aircraft comes with a paintkit and the Traffic Control Interface really does make it simple to build and or/modify flight plans, which I am now utilising to get Dom ops in NZ happening with my own repaints.

Now, while its fair to say that in the ideal world T360 would have featured Virgin Australia etc, in general I think JF have got this add-on about 90% right and I say that from having visited about 50 airports right across the globe to see how T360 is looking.

There are issues, there are some pretty major omissions and errors, but in the whole given the sheer volume of airlines and traffic provided, which is what this topic is about anyway, I think it does a very good job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic