This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X schedules import to Traffic 360?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X schedules import to Traffic 360?
    Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 12:18am
As a user of Traffic X, I have lots of schedules and flight plans that I have modified myself, as well as many liveries and aircraft models that I have imported and repainted.

Traffic 360 obviously provides NEW schedules (apparently real world), along with updated liveries and aircraft models.  Cool.

However, it occurs to me from reading posts in both this forum and the Traffic X forum, that Traffic 360 has no easy way for me to COMPARE and import my existing Traffic X schedules ... integrating them seemlessly with the existing Traffic 360 ones, using the new Traffic 360 aircraft models as well as my own updated liveries and imported models where required ... all whilst avoiding possible schedule duplications and/or other conflicts.

Is there anyone else out there who has a similar situation to me (lots of modified Traffic X stuff) who has had any success with installing Traffic 360 and having it use or import their Traffic X work?  Perhaps Traffic 360 provides a way to automatically do this for you?  Or, perhaps you are in the process of doing this manually?  Easy?  Hard?  Success?  Failure?

I'm after any information on this ... (perhaps Just Flight might like to respond as well?)

Thanks in advance.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 5:06pm
If you want to make sure that your modified schedules from Traffic X are still available after installing Traffic 360, why not get a copy of AIFPC and use that to decompile and edit the old schedules so that they run alongside any schedules that you want to keep from Traffic 360. You will have to modify the 'aircraft file' created by AIFPC but at least you will also be able to set the 'percentage' value to one that ensures that all of the flights appear in your simulation. Fortuneately FSX can accept many flightplan .bgl files so this is a good way of adding to your AI schedules.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 10:32pm
Thanks for the response.  I have never used AIFPC, so I am not familiar with it.  It sounds like it may do what I need.

However, considering I have been happy with Traffic X as my AI flight plan editor and creator, I am reluctant to download and use a "second" AI flight plan editor and creator.  Not to mention there may be a learning curve.

That said, I appreciate the response and will keep AIFPC in mind as possibly being a good utility to aid me if I do purchase Traffic 360.
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lampoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 11:06pm
Until I installed Traffic 360 I never thought or heard of AIFPv2 but downloaded it this week, I was curious to see what flight plans are compiled in the ai-traffic.bgl as they don't resemble a few airport schedules I have looked at, whilst I have not compiled any plans using the program (as I am waiting to see if there is a update/patch been developed), it appears to be a very powerful flight planning program and easy to use.

De-compiling, saving as text docs and importing to excel is easy, then you can sort and search what's actually in the bgl. Mind you the files are huge.

AIFPv2 does not install on you pc, it runs within a folder, I have ran it from a USB drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic