This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado To Retire In 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom burnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tornado To Retire In 2019
    Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 1:23pm
I cant remember where I saw this think it was on the BAE website. But the RAF will retire its tornado fleet in 2019. It will be a sad day for me as the Tornado is my favourite fighter.
Dont Let Her Die She Wants To Fly
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 4:11pm
Bomber. ;-)

It'll be getting on a bit by then though...
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 9:34pm
I remember seeing the Tornado when it was still a brand new project known as MRCA ! I was around 14 at the time and there was a presentation on at the Hendon RAF Museum! I'm now 52! Tornado is indeed a very old aircraft.

The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
tom burnside View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom burnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm
Its a very capable aircraft for its age.
Dont Let Her Die She Wants To Fly
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 10:35pm
Tis indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic