This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FTX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve-0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FTX
    Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 10:35pm
can anyone confirm whether traffic360 is
compatible with FTX products.

thanks
   steve
WillClark View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillClark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 11:46pm
Well I am still in the early stages of testing. I did see AI at KJAC and KWYS. I am guessing it works.
Take Care

Will
steve-0 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve-0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 5:42pm
thanks will.
is it me or does it take ages for the traffic to start moving.even with AI set to 100%.

steve-0
WillClark View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillClark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 8:41pm
Steve-0

Well I have not seen this issue yet. I did a flight today from KMDW to KSTL and had AI moving about before I pushed. I need to up my slider to 40% to a 100%. I did have a weird thing that happened at KSFO. I had all sorts of Ai parked everywhere. I noticed aircraft landing but none were taxiing for takeoff. So this could have been the issue you are referring to.  

Still to early to tell. Plus I don't like the addition of AFCAD. I had duplicate AFCAD for many 3rd party airports. I put in a ticket but resolved it myself by renaming the Airport Facility file. I also have the issue with multiple objects with the same name.

So far not bad some small fixes and more testing needed....!

Take Care

Will
steve-0 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve-0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 11:59pm
Hi will
someone told me to turn off airport ai traffic.its the fuel trucks.they have to go to every aircraft that is going to depart.so if your traffic is sparse or low it takes ages for them to get around..so the aircraft take ages to start to taxi.if you turn off airport traffic they don't wait for fuel and start to taxi straight away.

hope it makes sense.
  steve-0
WillClark View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillClark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:09am
Hello,

So, I have traffic set at 100%. With summer schedule 2012, VFR, and military traffic selected.
At the gates I just seems Ai will park just about anywhere. See United and US Air scattered all over the airport. Seems SWA flys way to many 737-500s. I see airlines parked in cargo parking spots as well.

JetBlue only has one livery and its the Red-sox's livery.

I turned down traffic to 90% and still crazy traffic and parking.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
Take Care

Will
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 7:39am
I have trafficx and am very happy. Why should I upgrade to 360? What extra benefits does it bring?
johnep
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by WillClark WillClark wrote:

...seems Ai will park just about anywhere. See United and US Air scattered all over the airport.

A number of things need to be present in order to see well-organized airline parking at FSX airports.

1. Parking spaces at the airports, themselves, should be coded with the 3-digit ICAO airline code. If this has been done at the airport by the airport designer, then a specific parking spot will have the ability to attract a specific airline (or specific airlines, if the parking space contains ICAO codes for multiple airlines).

2. Each texture referenced in an aircraft's aircraft.cfg file should contain a "atc_parking_codes=" line.

Example: atc_parking_codes=TOM          Increases the likelihood that a Thomson Airways livery will go to a parking space that has been coded (also with "TOM") for Thomson Airways.

3. Parking spaces must be of sufficient size.

Even if both the aircraft.cfg file and the airport parking space are coded properly, it's still possible that a different airline will use a particular parking space. For example, if a FSX commercial airliner finds no other parking spaces available, it may use a space that is coded for a different airline. It may also use a space coded for a different airline if there is no other space available that can accommodate the aircraft's size.

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic