This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Upgrade Installation Procedure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Upgrade Installation Procedure
    Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 6:28pm
Hi,

Thanks for the Traffic 360 (Traffic X) update.

I have FSX and P3D installed, both with Traffic X installed and running (the P3D version was installed using the Estonia Migration tool).

Could you please confirm the correct installation procedure for me?

I ran the Traffic 360 Upgrade executable and selected P3D as the installation destination, and then I compiled a new traffic BGL (I backed-up and removed the Traffic 360 ai-traffic.BGL).

When I now start P3D, I get standard messages "there are mulitple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names", for these objects:
JFAI_CT_Airfield
JFAI_CT_Apt
JFAI_CT_IntAptLrg
JFAI_CT_IntAptMed
FollowMeCar_L_TX
FollowMeCar_R_TX
Pushback
Spotty
Spotty1

Thanks,
Fabio
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:01pm
Hi Fabio,

I've no idea what might happen when the migration tool is used. Please remove the current installation from P3D and install again using the proper P3D option in the installer.
If you still have problems after that then please let us know
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:08pm
Hi Rich,
Thanks, I suspected that things weren't right.
I thought that as the purchase was for an upgrade, then T360 would need TrafficX to work from.
This is what prompted me to ask whether T360 was P3D compatible when it was first announced.
I'll post the result; hopefully Traffic 360 and Traffic X will both uninstall correctly, if not, I'll do it manually.
Fabio

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:16pm
You do not actually have to have Traffic X installed into FSX to use the upgrade. Only to have purchased Traffic X previously.
I would uninstall them both and the reinstall Traffic 360 only.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:44pm
Hi,
Yes, a full install without TrafficX being present works fine.
Needed to do a manual removal of TrafficX not forgetting to delete the Just Flight folders and files under SIMOBJECTS\MISC.
Thanks,
Fabio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic