This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 - remove old liveries tool?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 - remove old liveries tool?
    Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 1:37pm
Hi JF,

Just wondering if the new 360 will have the capability to remove old BA liveries as this was quite a task in Traffic X and its a frustration seeing the old tails in the sim?

Thanks,
Matt
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Mattska Mattska wrote:

Just wondering if the new 360 will have the capability to remove old BA liveries as this was quite a task in Traffic X and its a frustration seeing the old tails in the sim?

Yes, this is a good idea.

The ability, perhaps in the REPAINT TOOL, to select liveries from the list, via a check box or similar, and then choose to either MOVE THEM to an "unwanted area", or DELETE THEM.  Moving them to an "unwanted area" means they are not deleted, just not used ... but can be "brought back" and used again later, if the user chooses to do so.

The issue though is "how" to do this, as the livery names are set in the flight plan schedules, and moving or deleting them requires a REPLACEMENT livery name to be put in to their place.  Therefore, the "default" livery should take its place.  In other words, using British Airways as the example, the "default" British Airways livery would take its place and be used.  This would mean that, after the user chooses to move or delete unwanted liveries, a RECOMPILE of the AI database would need to be done at the end so that the new replacement "default" livery gets compiled in and used in FSX.  The real problem occurs though when the user decides to "bring back" the liveries ... how does the software decide which flight plans to assign those to?  There ARE ways to manage that, in code, but I won't expand on those here as the post will become long and boring.

Sadly, I think most of the code is probably done and finalised for 360 now ... so I doubt any "wish-list" items will make it in there before release.

mrbutt89 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbutt89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 3:26pm
I'm new to Traffic 360 (it was a Christmas present). The first thing I noticed was the outdated BA tail liveries. I've gone into the TCC and entered the missing expiry dates (2001, for the sake of argument) in Fleet Database>Edit Paint Scheme. If the application runs as advertised and I fly in the present day, I shouldn't see those spurious liveries any more...
CharlieGould94 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieGould94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 1:00pm
There is no tool, so to speak, but it can be done. I havent modified it too much. Basically the program has instructions, on which texture file to load, for which flight plan. It may be better to try it on an airline, with two liveries, so monarch, for example. We will just try to modify, the A321 first.

First go to your FSX root directory.

Then select SimObjects\JFTraffic360

Each folder, is a differrent variation of aircraft. the aircraft you are looking for can be found in Traffic 360s TCC. Under fleet database, and then click edit paint scheme at the bottom.

You need the aircraft type, and then whatever number comes after the g

For the monarch aircraft, the textures are in the g1 A321.

Now the most tricky bit, editing stuff.

In the JFAI_A321_g1, folder you will see MON_1 and MON_2. The MON_1 is the old striped livery that has now been replaced. To get FSX to show the new livery on the monarch AI traffic, switch the numbers 1 and 2.

Then start up the sim and check out your handy work.

This gives you the basics of switching liveries, and yes it may be a little clunky as you will need to know which texture folder produces which livery. This is quite easy to do as all you need to do is transfer all the BA aircraft to you FS plane selection using the hangar section, in the TCC.

Anyway, im going to try getting rid of the world tails, liveries, by copying and pasting the contents of the standard BA texture folder (when i find it, i will post it here), in to where the world tails currently are.

Anyway, basically T360, looks for just the texture folder, and shows us the contents. Therefore, change the contents, and you change what it shows us!

My apologies, if this makes no sense, i went out last night, and feel terrible. You know what they say though, a good bit of flight simming does wonders for a hangover......I think.

Enjoy!
CharlieGould94 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieGould94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 1:38pm
ok ive just checked a couple of them, and my findings are as follows

A320/BAW_1
B757-200(new livery)/BAW_7
B757-200(old livery)/BAW_1

ill keep going and update the situation later
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic