This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage A.I. Traffic ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage A.I. Traffic ??
    Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:12pm
Wondering if Just Flight, would ever do just a Vintage A.I. Traffic Pack, for FSX ? 

Which should include Jetliners and Vintage Propliners from the 1940's 50's 60's 70's era only, like the Vickers VC-10's, Bac111, 727's & 707's,  Propliners like the Curtis C46 and the Ford Trimotors, and Dc3's DC'4 DC'6's DC7's. 

Some of us aren't really into all these newer Jets that are out here, I'm sure theres a vast majority of us Flight Simmers out here that like flying Vintage older Aircraft and wish there were some Vintage Aircraft on the Runways & Tarmacs and in the skies of our  "FSX Flight Simulator" series !

Jetranger

Lawgiver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 2:36am
Thats a great idea.....  +1 for me.  Would love to have a vintage AI pack for FSX.  The only really good one I'm aware of is from Cal Classic for FS9.  That one really doesn't play well with FSX.

Regards,
Rob
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 6:36am
If you download these planes from any of the popular FSX aircraft download web pages, you can then IMPORT them in to Traffic X, set SCHEDULES for them (use the random traffic generator to have Traffic X do it automatically for you, or create your own manual schedules), compile the AI traffic file, and the planes will then appear in your FSX skies.

If you download flyable planes, so you can fly and enjoy them, and then create schedules for these in Traffic X so that they also appear as AI ... then you should be aware that using flyable airplanes as AI might incur a frame rate loss.  If you just want AI, then download planes that are designed to be AI only.
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:15am
Is there a Tutorial on this somewhere ??

like maybe a Video Tutorail on YOU TUBE somewhere that explains it better than the Instruction booklet that I have that came with my Boxed edition.

I'm one of those types that can read and read and read,, all the Jargon and language in those instructions,,, but, nothing makes much since till I see it done,,,

kinda was wantin an actual video tutorial, where its explained,,, verbally, and not like some of the lousy script type tutorials,,,, or should I say Narration,,,,

anybody know of any ??

I was wantin to import some 727's 707's,, 737-100/200's,, Some british Jets etc

mainly for FSX Gold / Acceleration

and only A.I Aircraft,,, not flyable aircraft,,, so it won't mess with frame rates.

wish Just Flight just made a simple download for Vintage A.I Jet Traffic from the 1960's & 70's era. Wink Clap  

Thanks, Let me know !

Capt. I~Fly. Shocked
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:53am
Look here: Traffic X Tutorials
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 1:07pm
Although I don't fly aircraft that are no longer flying, the fact is there are some vintage aircraft that are still flying today. That makes it possible to mix the present with the past. I enjoy watching the TV series "Ice Pilots NWT," which is about the real-world Buffalo Airways. Since Buffalo flies in the northern part of Canada's Northwest Territory, every day is an adventure. (See Ice Pilots NWT Episodes for a list of episodes and for a list of international networks that air the series).

A while back, I downloaded FSX freeware versions of the airports that are seen in the TV series, including the airport at Norman Wells--a portion of which is shown in the first screenshot below. A while later, I found a FSX freeware download of one of the Buffalo Airways aircraft--also shown in the first screenshot below. (It's a full user aircraft model, but I also use it as an AI aircraft). Then I learned that Buffalo Airways also owns a Beechcraft Baron 58. So I hopped in a Baron and flew south out of Norman Wells along the Mackenzie River toward of couple of the other airports that are seen in the Ice Pilots NWT series. The second screenshot below gives you an idea of how cold and remote the upper reaches of the Mackenzie are. (The FSX nearby airports list was empty).

Dan

hasegawa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasegawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 11:01am
We have for FSX a bunch of good aircraft for flying in the past. But no AI and no acceptable airports. With the brand new A2A Lockheed L.049 "Constellation" we have a excellent aircraft, flying in the 40's and 50' s... But what have we around? All those Airbuses and Dreamliners, Jumbos and so on. And this is disappointing. Think there is a really need to have an AI Traffic to simulate in FSX 1950, 1960, 1970 and 1980...
Andreas R. Schmidt
Potsdam and Riga
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic