This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airport Facilities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airport Facilities
    Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 1:03pm
Here's a question.

I have recently bought GSX ( the airport ground vehicles enhancement)

I see that it uses AFCADS to provide parking spots for aircraft.

The AFCADs read from Traffic X only provide a minimal number of parking slots and ignore all the gates.
eg at LSZH (Zurich, payware add on from Aerosoft) and KORD (Chicago) generic FSX airport, TrafficX only has a handful of parking slots. There are no gates A,B,C etc....  As a consequence of this GSX does not provide sufficient parking data.

I have disabled Traffic X in the FSX Scenery files (unticked from in sim menu) and GSX "sees" all the correct gates and parking positions at all the airports. These include Add on payware as well as generic FSX. 

The "fault" may lie with GSX ( forum doesn't really know) or TrafficX. My disabling TrafficX scenery fixes the issue  so I will have to leave it at that!

Is there  a way to update Traffic X Airport Facilities with all the respective airport positions?

I see no difference in the TrafficX "traffic" by disabling the scenery, so this is just academic really?

Thanks.

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

Is there  a way to update Traffic X Airport Facilities with all the respective airport positions?

(I've never known what "airport facilities" is ... but I am assume it means AFCADs?)

The only way that I know of to get more parking spots in to the Traffic X AFCADs is to edit the AFCADs (with ADE or other AFCAD favorite AFCAD editor) and add the additional parking spots yourself.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 1:59pm
Thanks for the reply freddy.

I have the Traffic Scenery unticked in FSX and all seems ok!  I can not see any difference to Traffic X, but GSX is behaving itself.  My FSX is now showing its age. I don't think I want to add anything else.

But the new version of Traffic X does look good for an upgrade at £12!

Cheers.
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

Thanks for the reply freddy.

I have the Traffic Scenery unticked in FSX and all seems ok!  I can not see any difference to Traffic X, but GSX is behaving itself.  My FSX is now showing its age. I don't think I want to add anything else.

But the new version of Traffic X does look good for an upgrade at £12!

Cheers.

Maybe you need to transfer to Prepar3d
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic