This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 spam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 757 spam
    Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 12:09am
very good airplane best of all is free.
BUT,,giving it out for free does not give you the right to install spam in my computer with it.
twice now when i chose the plane to fly a pop up opens inviting me to go see the extra liveries aval for it and  a msg in the plane were the ATIS msg shows the weather with same info on more liveries.
sorry but this is a big no,no,im deleting airplane.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 5:23pm
I completely agree with you, superrob. My reaction was the same as yours. I uninstalled the aircraft.

Would someone please answer the below question?

Do both the nagging popup and the nagging message within ATIS go away if one of the livery packs is installed?

Dan
phnl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 7:34pm
To prevent advertisement pop up DO THIS:
-click START on your monitor screen ( left, bottom corner )
-click ALL PROGRAMs
-click JUST FLIGHT
-click 757 JETLINER
You will see MANUAL for 757 jetliner and many advertisement internet SHORTCUTs. Delete everything not related to the aircraft EXCEPT MANUAL.
Check your document library as well.
-click START
-click DOCUMENTS
-double click on Flight Simulator X files and you will see few files for 757 jetliner.DO NOT DELETE this files:
JFBoeing_NavData and JFBoeing_FlightPlans. But if you see any other files - remove or delete them.
Advertisement will not appear any more. 757 jetliner is a very good aircraft, extra livery is great and not expensive, but it is a good idea to buy and install them one by one, you will NOT get any problem !!! I do not like combo pack here. Alex.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 8:31pm
Sounds like we won't make any more free planes then... Sorry to have upset you by letting you know that there were additional items that could be purchased to further your enjoyment of the aircraft.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 9:18pm
The messages go away as soon as you have purchased anything for the 757.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 9:45pm
For a free 757 and £1.00 per livery why complain? It's a bargain and IMHO good marketing. You can sample the product before you part with your hard earned £/$s. 

I hope there will there be more Freemiums.ClapThumbs Up As long as it's a ...
Must Fly!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 10:57pm
Don't say it... :-)
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by SimUK SimUK wrote:

Sounds like we won't make any more free planes then... Sorry to have upset you by letting you know that there were additional items that could be purchased to further your enjoyment of the aircraft.

Simon, I wasn't upset about being informed that additional items could be purchased. I was troubled by the fact that there was no accompanying statement that the messages would go away after a purchase had been made. This is the first time I have read what is commonly referred to as a "nag screen" without seeing a statement that the messages would go away upon making a purchase. That led me to think the possibility existed that the messages would not go away. I actually agree with hifly that the Freemium is good marketing. I think the marketing would be improved by letting people know that the messages will go away upon purchasing and installing a livery pack.

Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

The messages go away as soon as you have purchased anything for the 757.

Thank you very much, Rich. That is precisely the information I needed in order to make an informed buying decision. I think your reply will boost sales.

Dan

SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 12:01am
Quote I think the marketing would be improved by letting people know that the messages will go away upon purchasing and installing a livery pack.

I agree and a bit surprised it doesn't say that already. We'll get Rich to update it. Thanks.
phnl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 5:51pm
Thank you Rick!!!
If I knew about it early, I could install extra livery pack right away, without any long way around.
Thank you again. Alex
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:51pm
I don't mean to pry Rich but are there any more Freemiums in the pipeline?
Must Fly!
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 1:50pm
After previously uninstalling the 757 Freemium due to its "nag" screens, I have downloaded and installed the 757, again. Apparently, Just Flight has responded to complaints by removing the nag screens, since I am no longer experiencing any of them after the most recent install. I should mention, in case it made a difference, that when the installation process asked if I wanted to see additional liveries that are available, I answered "no."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic