This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prototype B767 at Luton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prototype B767 at Luton
    Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:24pm

These photos were taken in the early 80s when the first Boeing 767 visited Luton Airport on a demo flight for Britannia Airways. The photos were taken on an old C126 cartridge film camera with a point an shoot lens. I have adjusted them where possible but due to the age of the prints, too much interferance was liable to be detrimental to the photos, so apologies for the quality. The thing about these pics is that I was with a mate of mine at Coventry airport on a plane spotting run when we heard via our VHF radio scanner that the 767 was due in about an hour at Luton. Well I wont say what speed I hit on the M1 but I can tell you that my car proved to be rather quick!(no speed cameras then of course). We arrived about 3 minutes before she came in. These pics are the result!....

Thanks for viewing

The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 4:14pm
This would also be one of the rare examples of a 767 with a Flight Engineer.

Looking at the FE panel, and knowing about 2 crew operation of the type, it is laughable now that they ever considered it necessary.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 4:35pm
An interesting photo showing the FE panel in an early 767:

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic