This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

146 Heading Bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 146 Heading Bug
    Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 3:27pm
Has anyone found a way to assign the heading bug to a joystick button? I tried it using FSUIPC (registered) and also a mouse macro, but nothing seems to work.
Dale
Core2 E8500 OC 3.5 ghz
GTS 250
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 8:08pm
You found a bug , and I can confirm that. Write to tech about it.tc
FV
tanker View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:32pm
Not sure it is really a bug. The Heading Bug works as designed and can be increased or decreased by using the heading control knob on the glare shield, and it links to the autopilot. I want to assign one of my yoke buttons to do the same input as the heading control knob. I suspect this knob is programmed as an XML gauge and cannot be controlled via FSUIPC.

A long time ago I was  a RW pilot and we used a yoke control to move the heading bug which was linked to the flight director.
Dale
Core2 E8500 OC 3.5 ghz
GTS 250
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:17am
Bug is perhaps too harsh. It would make sense, however, to provide keyboard support to autopilot features. If one uses EZDoc, which makes the cockpit shake,keyboard commands become very useful.tc
FV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic