This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC6 DC3 Aaardvark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddyectoplasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC6 DC3 Aaardvark
    Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 12:20pm
Dear Just Flight

I'm not sure what's happening but multiple triangular 'holes' have appeared in the texture of my DC6 and DC3!  Also, when I downloaded the trial version of the new F-111 Aaardvark (with a view to buying the full model) the same problem occurred.  None of my other models have been affected.

The only thing which I can imagine is responsible is the recent upgrade to my graphics card that I made?  I have an ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series graphics card (I'm not all that computer savvy so please forgive any malapropisms!) and updated the driver twice... v11.3 then v 12.8.

My computer has an AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor.  Everything seems to be working fine otherwise.

Can you think of anything that might cause such a textural breakdown?  Even better a solution?  I've tried the obvious - deleting and then re-installing the relevant models.  If anything this made the problem worse.  I'm particularly sad to lose the DC6, it's a really great model Cry

Are these models created by the same people by any chance?  I also have the Lockheed Constellation, Comet 4 and Vickers Vicscount which appear to be by the same modellers but which haven't been affected by the problem (well not when I last looked that is).

I hope that someone can help.

Karl.
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 10:46pm
ATI cards have being known to have issues with FSX but that is the first one like that i have seeing. Not sure on an answer, try deleting the FSX cfg and let FSX build a new one.
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 8:57am

Note : I have the XFX 6850 Installed on my computer and it has givin me Excellent Performance with hardly any issues at all,  it renders the clouds and sky well and scenery textures too.  

Its coupled with 12 GB of RAM (memory sticks).

Quadcore processor.

3 cooling fans

a 650 WATT Power Supply {------Very, Very Important when upgrading to a higher end Graphics Card - Extremely IMPORTANT !!
Where a lot of simmers get into trouble - is NOT getting a proper Power Supply to go with a higher end Graphics Card too !! Shocked 

Captain I~Fly. Wink

Also Note: I tried 16GB of RAM,, then switched back to 12 GB of RAM and there was no difference in performance at all, actually better with 12GB of ram than 16GB,,  Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic