This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have a seperate BGL file. Now to get it on FSX.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have a seperate BGL file. Now to get it on FSX.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristianKolb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a seperate BGL file. Now to get it on FSX.
    Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:52pm
As the title suggests, I have a backed up copy of my highly worked on TrafficX.BGL file. How would I go around compiling this since I believe just placing it in the Scenery file is not the way.

Ideas? thanks.

Kristian Kolb
The Lancaster isn't just a bomber.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:04am
Not sure what you are asking here.  The file called "TrafficX.BGL" is already COMPILED.  That file is the actual COMPILED file.

It belongs in the "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder.

If you have modified flight plans using the Traffic X Control Centre, and made changes, then you will need to compile a "new" version of the "TrafficX.BGL" file.  When you do the compile, you will be asked to provide a filename (the default filename is, of course, "TrafficX.BGL").  The usual practice would be to use that same filename and therefore OVERWRITE the existing "TrafficX.BGL" file with the newly created (compiled) one.

If you choose to use a DIFFERENT filename, then be aware that if you have TWO AI traffic files (the old one called "TrafficX.BGL" and your new one called "DifferentFilename.BGL") then FSX will load BOTH files and you will see the AI from BOTH.  Doing this is fine, but be aware that if both files have the same flight plans inside them, then you will see DUPLICATED AI PLANES flying in your skies.  It is for this reason it is BEST to simply OVERWRITE the original "TrafficX.BGL" file and therefore keep only ONE file. On the other hand, you can, of course, ADJUST/EDIT/DELETE/MOVE the flight plans with the Traffic X Control Centre so that when you compile BOTH .BGL files, you are sure that there are NO DUPLICATIONS in each of them.
KristianKolb12 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristianKolb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:09pm
Ok, so the BLG is an already compiled file. Thanks. I shall paste it in!

I always thought that a BLG had to be compiled in a bid to sort of activate it?

So I was trying to add a custom one in. But don't worry. You answer hit the nail on the head!

Thanks for the help.

Kristian
The Lancaster isn't just a bomber.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:41am
Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic