This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

146-200 Jetliner - Service Pack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 146-200 Jetliner - Service Pack
    Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 8:37am
We are currently working on the service pack for this product.

If you have encountered any issues that you have not yet reported directly to the support team using the support request form, please report them now so that we can address them in the service pack: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
CaptainKen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 11:33pm
Well it's been well over a month since I replied to you.  You told me my issues are being addressed in a patch.  SO what's the word on the patch?  Have you guys abandoned this project altogether?  Come on guys, make this right.  A lot of people (me included) jave given this r=product rave reviews - pleas don't let me think I made a mistake.  SWHen is the patch coming out?
Captain Ken
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 9:31am
The service pack will be ready very soon. Some new add-ons for the 146 should also be arriving at a similar time.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 9:57pm
Lets hope that is not completely true.
I am very keen to get the SP for the 146 family and am hoping it is going to be out in the very near future, as I am not using/can't use the aircraft in it's unpatched state.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:07am
This aircraft was not developed in-house and therefore we'll need to receive the service pack from the developers before being able to release it.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
RegY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RegY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 8:20pm
just a question if i may? i'm patiently waiting for the SP, have adressed some issues myself with support, but i want to inquire, is the patch going to be making the rudder work in flight? since i can pretty much use the rudder only for ground control, just like in the free 757... seems to be a common thing with your guys' products... i don't know though if i'm the only one?

don't get me wrong, this is a straight up queston, not a banter. no anger in my posts, i'm just smiling i get to fly my fave aircraft anyways.
aca882k9 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca882k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:28am
? very soon, meaning another 3-5 months? oh how I laughed or within novemeber atleast? please advise sir, thanks.
aca882k9 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca882k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:29am
? very soon, meaning another 3-5 months?  or within novemeber atleast? please advise sir, thanks
johnan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm
I have given up waiting for the SP or communication about it from JF.

I have aircraft I can use without flaws, so I will just stick to them.

One lives and learns.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm
I'm not sure what else you would like us to say at this point. The update is still in the works and is still on course for release shortly.
Not just bug fixes but extra features being added.
It is very nearly there now. I think a few minor adjustments are still needed to the FMC in light of Win8 coming out, but that should be about it.
We can't make any guarantees as you never know what's around the next corner but we would certainly expect it to be released within November!
CaptainKen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 9:53pm
I appreciate that you are taking your time to get it right.  As the other posts    indicate, this aircraft in its present condition is really unflyable.  So we are oatiently (or nt too patiently) awaiting the patch.  Just fixing the bugs willl make it worth it I am sure.  We do appreciate your hard work though.  Just know that.
Captain Ken
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 9:23pm
This pack should be made available this or next week latest.
johnan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 6:49pm
Good show......
aca882k9 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca882k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:25pm
yup.... total fail. one thing to take long... another ti lie about it... "this week or next"... lost hope with JF. If they have any morals or respect to their customers who waited this long due to the false statement about it being released earlier.. hope that staff member got punished for what he said.. or atleast apologies.
Phantom Leader View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 12:35am
GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!  You guys don't believe in cutting anyone any slack do you?!!!  Did you NOT READ the part where Martyn said that the plane was NOT developed "in house"????  So naturally.....the service pack won't be either!!!  I'm sure these guys are only passing on the little bit of information that they are receiving from the......developers!  You guys are acting like every little endeavor that "you" take on goes without a hitch from start to finish and remains on time no matter what!  And somehow......I doubt if that's true!

Now....you guys are complaining about a dang S.P. for the software, and I just bought the product from a sale that "feel there" was having on Friday and J.F. was participating in, and I've downloaded the installer 5 or 6 times now, tried to install it "7" TIMES NOW...and it still won't install!!!!!!

So.....if I follow the rules that you cry babies seem to be following, I guess I should now run Just Flight into the ground for a corrupted installer to software that they didn't develop, right?!
Ya know......I don't think I'll do that.  I think I'll just wait and give them a chance to help me out....which I know.....they will.

Apologies?????  Yep!  I think they're due........to Just Flight.
I thought *you* put the gear down!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 1:02am
Well, this will be a prime example of what I was talking about in regards to things going without a hitch / glitch from start to finish.  As it turns out, my 146-200 installed just fine!  I wasn't aware that it was created by "CLS" so naturally...I wasn't looking for it in my CLS aircraft, however, it was there all along.  And to think!  It wasn't even Just Flights fault!!!!!!oh how I laughed
johnan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 6:58pm
Words fail me!

Oh dear.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Leader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:22pm
Words fail you????  I'll be darn!  I guess there "really is" a.....first time for everything!!!!oh how I laughed
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 11:55am
Quote yup.... total fail. one thing to take long... another ti lie about it... "this week or next"... lost hope with JF. If they have any morals or respect to their customers who waited this long due to the false statement about it being released earlier.. hope that staff member got punished for what he said.. or atleast apologies.

To lie about it? Sorry, but that is a totally ridiculous thing to say. And to suggest that we have neither morals or respect for our customers is an outrageous thing to suggest and something that is pushing you close to a forum ban (something that I've rarely ever had to do).
As has already been explained, and apologies to everybody else for having to repeat this point, a lot of the work going into this service pack is being done but a third party not under our direct control. The update was on course for release around the period that Voice of Reason and the rest of us were expecting but unfortunately it was delayed as the work took longer than estimated, as often happens in the world of software.  Surely you can't be under the impression that we have had a set of completed files sitting here ready to go and we've simply decided not to do anything with them?
Should we have just pushed the service pack out on that date despite it not being ready? I would say definitely not but if you can make a reasonable case for why you want a partially ready service pack that has doesn't contain the -300 variant and has a broken FMC then I'm all ears and will happily provide you with a set of the flawed files just so that we can avoid the appearance of being tardy. I can't imagine that the majority of people would like to see us work that way though.

As it stands, as of yesterday we are no longer waiting for outside developers to provide us with any files and the ball is finally in our court. I started working on the files yesterday afternoon to get them ready for release but unfortunately there is still a little way to go yet. The free -300 variant needs to incorporated into the 146-200 package, new configuration tools need to be put together, a new navdata collection tool is needed, a new installer is needed, the FMC/Livery expansion need to be modified to take account of the new -300 variant and so on and so on. All of that is going to take us through the weekend and into next week but all being well the patched up -200 with the new -300 variant should be available next week. For the sake of the easily outraged... that's should be ready. I could find a problem that I wasn't expecting which means it takes longer than I estimated to complete the project. I could find two problems.... I could fall ill. I could have a family emergency etc etc etc. All I can say is that as ever we will be working extremely hard to get these things out to you as soon as we possibly can.
Actually, we've got the matter of punishing Voice of Reason to take care of. That might slow us down by a few weeks oh how I laughed

hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 8:11pm
Can anyone name a project that not gone over budget and/or over the time estimate?
I'm sure our patience will be rewarded and to think that £20 to £30 for a product that will give hours of pleasure is excellent value.

Don't burn too much midnight oil JF, you'll burn yourselves out and then where would we be?
Must Fly!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic