This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC6 Frame rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC6 Frame rates
    Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:33pm
. Got the DC6 when I was on FSX with sp1 & sp2, It was fine, good frame rates etc. Then I saved all my files and addons and installed Gold with Acceleration and since then the DC6 fps rates fluctuate wildly making it useless to fly. It hasn't happened on my other addons. I've also been getting some crackling noises in some virtual cockpits but not all. Anyone out there got any answers? All comments gratefully received. 
Must Fly!
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 10:16pm
Did you do a clean install of FSX, did you run FSX before installing the acceleration pack, It is slightly to SP2 so the you will need to experiment with settings. It works fine on my PC, but that does vary from PC to PC. 
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 7:35pm
Thanks for your reply, I don't recall running FSX before loading Acceleration so maybe it's that but it only affects the DC6 and not other addons. Having said that, frame rates do seem slower than when on SP2 although my settings are the same. But really I think it's time for a new PC.
Must Fly!
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 9:01am
Just so ya know , I have FSX Gold Acceleration, on windows 7, with 64 bit operation system, with Service pack 2, and Have NOT experienced any of these problems.

I bought the Just Flight CD Version tho,, on Disc.

Don't know if that makes any difference or not. 

hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 10:30am
Thanks Capt, you have Acceleration and SP2. I thought with Acceleration you didn't need SP2.
On another note, I'm pushing JF to develop a TriStar, (amongst others)join me in my questWink
Must Fly!
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 8:48am
Also, my Computer is kinda Highly Slightly "AMPED" up with 12GB of RAM and a 1.5 GB Graphics card with a Quad-Core Processor, on windows 7 / 64 bit operating system - with FSX Gold / Acceleration SP/2.

Also, Installed is Just Flights Traffic X, and FS Scene, and some Orbx freeware stuff, and some Freeware and payware scenery add on's.
Track IR5, with a paid regestered version of FRAPS.

Currently there are 3,875 Aircraft in the Simulator Hanger ! WinkClapShocked 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic