This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Service Packs Question / HELP / Connie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service Packs Question / HELP / Connie
    Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 11:57am
9/6/2012 - OK, so I was on the Just Flights Support section and seen where there is a "Service Pack" for the DVD/CD version, to fix some issues with the JF-Lockheed Conmstellation Professional for FSX. (which I have FSX).  I downloaded it, and procedded to install the update, but the "SELF INSTALLER", doesn't seem to be working properly, even tho, its pointing to the right Directory in my FSX Sim , so, is Just Flight aware of this, that the Self Installer for their service pack appears to NOT be working at the moment or not properly configured right ???  One of the reasons I was wanting to install the service pack, was to hopefully FIX the inside of the passenger cabin where no windows show up, and 1/2 the seats are missing on the port side of the aircraft, as well as other minor issues.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated ! ( See Screen Shot photos).
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 12:54pm
September 6 2012 - in Response to my above earlier post Question : what I was hopefully trying to fix were these specific issues with the JF Constellation, the passenger windows NOT showing & being Blocked by badd file, and the "PORT Side" wings and Engines NOT showing when looking out the port side from the Pilots position within the virtual cockpit. Wondering IF there was ever a FIX for this, or does Just Flight ever plan on providing a FIX or a new file to replace the badd file ?? anyway heres some Screen shots from inside the passenger cabin and a few shot greatly expanded, as to be more clear & precise as to the problem. The Aircraft shows up great and flys well, as it is no problems there, I was just wanting to FIX these minor issues, if I could ???  Thanks, Dave.
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 4:12pm
September 6 2012 - I may have found the Root of the problem with the Badd Texture File that causes the portside of the Virtual passenger cabin windows and wing & Engine views NOT to be seen, when a user is in the Virtual passenger cabin, that file being ( JF_Connie_Cabin2_c.dds), located within the main Constellation "Texture" file. it evidentally was made wrong, and a portion of it blocks out the entire portside passenger windows, wing views, and Engine Views ( See Photo).  This file most likely is the problem and needs to be redone ~ !! ( see photo)     
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 6:08pm
I'm goin' to work on that File this winter and see if I can at least slightly correct the file to some degree.

May be hopeless I dunno' until I get into it farther, tho I've managed to correct a few other Aircraft files with other Aircraft that had similar issues.

This may get interesting, last file I fixed on the Aero-Commander 690B , took me 3 days & Nights to figure out the fix !!

Turned out the Glass Reflection File was made wrong and the Alpha Channel was totally Off, giving the Aero-Commander a phony see thru sun roof in the Cockpit.

Got it Fixed and looks much better and like its supposed to.

for those that have that 690B, that fixed file can be found on Simviations web site !!

Under Aerocommander 690B File Fix.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic