This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nose gear?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CODY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nose gear?
    Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 1:06am
This is really getting to me.....
How many textures are there for the "Nose Gear Doors"

Closed

Opening

They change colors....Arrrggghhh....Disapprove
CODY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CODY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 4:57pm
Anybody?
hodge001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hodge001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 5:32pm

Hi Cody

There is only the one texture sheet that has the nose gear doors on it (BAe146200_fuse1_t.dds), but from the shot you have shown it looks as though you are using ModelConverterX for checking out your repaint, which is what I use as well, but it does have a slight drawback when it comes to showing textures on movable surfaces like the gear doors, I think it is mainly that the program is try to add shading to the model, but the colour you see in ModelConverterX when the gear doors are closed is the one you need to look at when judging if it looks right on the finished repaint.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson
CODY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CODY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 12:26am
Jim
Yeah that's what I've been trying to figure out?
No matter how I paint the nose gear it doesn't want to match up.
I'm wondering if there is a conflict of mapping between BAE146_FUSE_LEFT.psd and BAe146200_fuse1_t.dds?
Turn off all shading on the big .psd and it doesn't effect the nose gear doors, and there is no real shading for the "Nose gear layer"?
It is "
ModelConverterX" I'm using. Man do I miss FSRepaint!
I'm gonna poke at this some more...
Thanks for responding..And if you will hang in there with me on this...I may need some more ideas.

CODY
hodge001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hodge001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 2:18am

Hi Cody

There should be no conflict between the two texture sheets once the BAE146_FUSE_LEFT.psd is flattened, there is shading on the nose gear door, it's just a bit on the subtle side so that may be worth tinkering with.

As for the actual colour, that is a good question, the method I use is to use the colour picker and then click / select a point just above the edge of the lower fuselage and roughly below the middle screen, it will be a lot darker than the rest of the lower fuselage but it should match up in ModelConverterX with the gear door closed, and of course in FS itself, the doors have to be closed in ModelConverterX when checking the colour match as ModelConverterX does not do real time shading and shadow, don’t get me wrong it is a great program, and it has saved me a lot of time and frustration, but it is just not built to do real time shading and shadow unfortunately, if it did it would certainly not be freeware.

I hope some of the above waffle helps out.

Jim Hodkinson
CODY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CODY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:27am
Well...It is acting weird!

I'm still seeing a shift in color?

I had tried something a bit different and got close...

HEHEHE...I know what you mean about ModelConverterX ....Load the other one up Wink and without moving all the textures to the folder/paint you are working on, you can't see the base textures.
I haven't painted in awhile so I'm trying to get back into the groove.
Here's where it's going...

I do have a ways to go yet...Alphas and such. These jets are spotless! I would kill to have the wings as a psd...

CODY

hodge001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hodge001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 10:08am

Hi Cory

Looking good, as for the nose gear I know what you are going through, but it really is a case of tweak and try then tweak and try again until you get the colour match, but once you do get a match, especially for the white fuselage, make it a separate layer on the BAe200_Fuse_L.psd file, as all things being equal you will use that more than any other.

By the way on the wings thing, I have just sent you a download link for a couple layered .psd files I made for the wings on the BAe-200, oddly enough from a version of the Queens Flight aircraft, I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic