This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oldies - Flight Sims of Ages Past

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cadarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oldies - Flight Sims of Ages Past
    Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:55am

Well, wanted to start a little friendly thread, so a little bit of nostalgia from long ago.

Aside from Microsoft, one series of flight simulators that I am very fond of is the Flight Unlimited series (especially the 2nd and 3rd releases). Anyone else had fun with these simulators?

Some videos from youtube that I found:

[In the opening credits the movie's editors are listed one by one]
Mike: "Passed from editor to editor in a desperate attempt to save it!" ~ MST3K, Space Mutiny
Daniel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 6:15pm
Oh yes, I remember flying in Flight Unlimted 3... ;)
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2012 at 6:35pm
L.O.L - when you said of Ages Past, I thought you meant stuff like Psion Flight Simulator, Ace, F19 Stealth, F16 Combat Pilot, F-18A, and Falcon.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 1:09pm
Me too. Dont forget Microprose....It began with the Commodore 64..I loved that thing..

and

There was also "Tornado" which used similar route planning software that the RAF used.

Remember the first Flight Sim..Gawd it was a screen split in half, green below the horizon for the earth and blue for the sky. I think there was a wire frame runway..and I got all excited by itoh how I laughed

Now there are bigger toys like this;-

and

Falcon grew up into a fine sim also...

But the old stuff was thrilling even this....has grown up..remember...The original wire frame Elite.....Wink

Smile

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 7:02pm
I love Flight Unlimited, so much fun.  Got Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 here.  Great fun and always cool to reinstall them and have another go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic