This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A321 ILS approach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlynuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A321 ILS approach
    Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 1:16pm
Hi

I seem to be having a problem with ILS approaches and in the A321 Jetliner. When intercepting the localiser I enable approach by selecting APR, but the aircraft does not descend correctly resulting in the aircraft being below the glidepath. I have tried following the tutorial flight to Zurich to the letter and although the aircraft lines up with the runway in LOC mode, it does not follow the correct glidepath in APR.

The default FSX A321 aircraft flys the approach flawlessly but teh JF A321 doesn't.

Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have tried flying the ILS approach into multiple airports, all with the same result.

Many thanks

Mark.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:24am
I had exactly the same problem with the JF A320. Sailed over Zurich airport at 6,500'.
Tried several times and finally gave up. Might download again to see if improved.
johnep
goaround737 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goaround737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 10:12am
I get the same thing, contacted support but no response as yet.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 10:22pm
Me too, getting LOC but on APP does not hold altitudes. This seems to have occured only after I downloaded extra liveries. 
Must Fly!
smurphy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 8:16pm
I have found out if you got head wind the aircraft goes below the glidepath if the MCDU (Multifunction Control Display Unit)say speed 161
and the wind is 179 mag @15 i fly at 180 and it follows the glidepath
stephen
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:12am
I downloaded the special offer A321 over Christmas. Graet plane and now realised have to use the CRS button got a perfect ILS approach to Minneapolis. Then spoilt it by forgetting to switch to manual throttle on final and motored down the rnwy at 150mph, overrunning end. Fortunately saved when intercepting localiser, so will try again.
johnep
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:36pm
You have to set the CRS to the magnetic heading of the runway and capture the glideslope from underneath. I had the same problem only after I'd downloaded extra liveries so I uninstalled the extras, re-downloaded and the problem, so far seems to have been resolved.
I've always found all Airbuses big and small to wallow about in turns and descending. Is this an Airbus thing or is it just me?
Must Fly!
jmorvay View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmorvay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 11:45am
Personally, I follow a process when landing at an airport. Regardless of whether I use ATC or not for my flights, I typically begin procedures, starting with ILS frequencies as well as course heading. Once those are set, I follow the GPS closely and watch for my position in relation to the "feathers". Once I near the optimum point, I switch on APPR and watch as the aircraft slowly course corrects to line up with the runway. Once that has happened, I drop flaps and reduce speed. By this time, my radio has already picked up the ILS radio frequency so it will just glide along it's merry little way.

For those who use GPS for their flights, it has always been standard practice to switch to NAV prior to approach patterns, reason being that you need to set your NAV1 radio to the ILS as well as allowing the aircraft to turn when it needs to.

I know my explanation is a bit basic but I rarely ever have issues with overshooting the glide path and when I do, it is usually the airport, not the aircraft. I fly with a bunch of 3rd party airports and not all of them are perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic