This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAS SPEED HOLD NOT WORKING?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca882k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IAS SPEED HOLD NOT WORKING?
    Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 10:30pm
So I select the IAS BUG to 250 for example, select altitude, and engage IAS. Plane levels off correct altitude yet the speed does not maintain 250 selected when IAS engaged.

Is this a error bug? Or am i doing something wrong.. and yes, i red the manual =/

Please help!

Is the avro ment to be controlled manually? (thorttles)
gmac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 11:14pm
No auto throttle on the 146.....have to set power using the throttle.  Good description from page 45:
Now press the ALT ARM button followed by the IAS button. The autopilot will now vary
the vertical speed in the climb to 27,000ft to hold 230 knots. Do not confuse this with the
auto-throttle or VNAV systems on board modern airliners. The autopilot will not alter the
throttle position; it will simply alter the aircraft pitch to maintain 230 knots at the current
throttle position. For this reason, throughout the climb, you must monitor both your
airspeed and throttle position (or N1 engine instruments).
aca882k9 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aca882k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by gmac gmac wrote:

No auto throttle on the 146.....have to set power using the throttle.  Good description from page 45:
Now press the ALT ARM button followed by the IAS button. The autopilot will now vary
the vertical speed in the climb to 27,000ft to hold 230 knots. Do not confuse this with the
auto-throttle or VNAV systems on board modern airliners. The autopilot will not alter the
throttle position; it will simply alter the aircraft pitch to maintain 230 knots at the current
throttle position. For this reason, throughout the climb, you must monitor both your
airspeed and throttle position (or N1 engine instruments).

ah ok. well i guess it wont be so bad to control thorttles manually.. another question, during dusk/night the vc lights are not illuminated.. i guess this requires fix corect?
gmac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:35am
There are buttons on the overhead that will brighten up panel.
Panel flood....top right corner of overhead; flood light for main panel
Dim glare shiel......bottom left corner of overhead; turns on panel backlighting
Dim instruments.......bottom right corner of overhead; on/off of gauge backlighting
Dim panel.......bottom right corner of overhead; turns on/off cockpit flood lights

Gmac
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic