This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avionics master

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avionics master
    Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 4:42pm
Good morning,
I am really enjoying this aircraft, but one thing has me stumped.   In the manual on page 33, the avionics master shows 4 buttons (Autopilot 1, Master 1 Avionics 1 and Master 2).   On my panels I only have 3 (A/P Master, Avionics A and Master B). 
My comm radios have the red bar across the freqs and I imagine this is due to the button layout.  
Any ideas on what I did wrong?
Cheers,
Gmac
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 5:46pm
In addition to the AP master switch that you refer to, there's an autopilot button on the center pedestal. The third comes on when you turn on the second.
tc
FV
gmac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 7:09pm
Thanks tc' but my comms are inoperable....I don't see a master 2 switch button to turn on the radios.
gmac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 9:30pm
Looks like only the 3 buttons on the 2D pop window......the VC does have the 4 avionics buttons.
Gmac
parksie10 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parksie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 12:56pm
This ties in with something I've discovered. I turn all masters on and power up APU, as per tutorial, but my radios and all remain inoperable. HSI does not stabilise and all only comes right once engines are started. 
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 3:21am
I experience exactly the same issue, I followed the tutorial several times by the letter and:

a.) HSI remains inop
b.) coms remain inop

I am also not able to start the engines, I've checked the tutorial several times but either there is a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your assistance.
signal_runner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signal_runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 3:59am
Yup - same issue.
Doesn't matter whether you use the 2d or 3d panel when following the tutorial, the avionics simply don't work until the engines are running...what a shame.
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:00am
How do you get the engines running? I don't even get that far.  I followed the tutorial now 3 times but I must be missing something...
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signal_runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:26am
Couldn't start engines manually either - had to reload the aircraft and press the 'auto' button and that seemed to work.
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:30am
what a bummer...how could this one slip through quality control, I hope this gets fixed soon!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signal_runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:37am
the price of being an early adopter :) Yes I they need to fix asap. Absolutely fantastic aircraft to fly apart from that....
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:39am

true true :-)  yes, indeed a beauty and fantastic to fly.  I just would like to start her up "by hand" :-)

parksie10 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parksie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 11:17am
I agree that it is a teething problem, and I'm sure it will be sorted. I start up by using good old "ctrl-E". It is still frustrating though.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:23am
Unfortunately this isn't an issue that we encounter (no power to avionics before engine start). If you are having this issue, please submit a support request so we can try to identify why some get it and others don't.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
gmac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 2:54pm
Thanks Martyn......support request sent.
Cheers,
Gmac
parksie10 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parksie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 2:02pm
Thanks Martyn, have also sent in a support request. This was not indended as a dis, but to see whether my problem was unique and whether fellow pilots might have had a solution.
alexcolka View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcolka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:38pm
Hi,
Did any of you guys received any response from support about this issue yet? I sent mine days ago about this issue (the no radios power with everything on except engines). Please if someone knows how to fix that, please let us know.
Thanks,
Alex
parksie10 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parksie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:40am
I put mine through yesterday. I see that they try to answer questions in 2 business days. I'm assuming that there are teething problems and giving the crew the benefit of the doubt in sorting things out. I use other payware aircraft from other sites and sometimes they also take a little while.  Lets hold thumbs that a great aircraft can only get better.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:09pm
Unfortunately response times over the last week or so have been extended due to staff absence/holidays. Everyone should have had a reply by tomorrow morning. If you haven't received a reply, feel free to submit another support request as we may not have received it.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 7:23pm
Did any one you get a reply by now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic