This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Actually, two topics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofentress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Actually, two topics
    Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 12:04am
Topic number one - for some reason, I can install a Flight plan from FSX and it seems to be workable, but, I can't see the Flight Plan in the GPS using the 2D panel. Without that, I can't find any way to tell about my progress of the flight. I can see it in the VC panel's FMC but as far as I can tell that doesn't really tell me where  I am at the moment.
Topic number two - on page 37 of the manual/tutorial, there are instructions about configuring the pressurization system. The first part (Cabin Alt - set needle to 8) is no problem.  But the next sentence talks about rotating the auto press knob to 600 FPM.  Using the knob on the lower left of that dial, I can hear that it clicking, but I can see no indication anywhere (using either Capt's panel,overhead/ Widescreen/VC panels) that any dial has changed to indicate a useage of this knob.

Natuarlly, I'd appreciate any input that would either explain or solve these problems.

Jack
Jack
ofentress View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofentress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 11:19pm
Well, I give up on this.  There have been over 60 hits but no suggestions or solutions. Also, none from the Just Flight staff. 
So..... I'm deleting the aircraft from my system and I'll wait for QW version.
Too bad.  Had a lot of good qualities.

Jack
Jack
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 1:26am
This isn't an official Just Flight support forum (they don't offer support here, as mentioned in quite a few places), so if you're waiting for a reply from them, you're in the wrong place.

You should email their support department via the main JF page, and they'll get back to you.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
ofentress View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofentress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 2:36pm
Slopey........
Good idea.  Should have though of that myself. I don't know what I was thinking.
Thanks.

Jack
Jack
Tigerclaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by ofentress ofentress wrote:

Topic number one - for some reason, I can install a Flight plan from FSX and it seems to be workable, but, I can't see the Flight Plan in the GPS using the 2D panel. Without that, I can't find any way to tell about my progress of the flight. I can see it in the VC panel's FMC but as far as I can tell that doesn't really tell me where  I am at the moment.Topic number two - on page 37 of the manual/tutorial, there are instructions about configuring the pressurization system. The first part (Cabin Alt - set needle to 8) is no problem.  But the next sentence talks about rotating the auto press knob to 600 FPM.  Using the knob on the lower left of that dial, I can hear that it clicking, but I can see no indication anywhere (using either Capt's panel,overhead/ Widescreen/VC panels) that any dial has changed to indicate a useage of this knob.Natuarlly, I'd appreciate any input that would either explain or solve these problems.Jack

Topic number one: I loaded a very large flight plan yesterday into the FMC (4 hours worth of flying) and it did indeed show up on the 2D pop up GPS. I don't know why yours didn't though. Also the FMC does give you a position, or rather distance from your next waypoint, aswell as fuel, time etc. Sure it may require a little math to work certain things out, but it's most definitely usable. Don't forget you fly this aircraft using VOR's and NDB's so a working knowledge of navigation helps a lot.
All that said, my flight plan DID show up on the GPS, so yours should too.

Topic number two: Pressurisation. The manual says that you need to use the cockpit tooltip to see the value for that second knob. I believe it increments in stages of 200ft/min, therefor THREE "clicks" on the mouse equates to 600ft/min four clicks 800ft/min etc. That is of course from a fresh flight start. But turn tooltips on and you won't have a problem.

And lastly, sorry for the delay in replying, but I've only just registered yesterday :)
Tony

Intel core i7-2600 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram, GTX580 SC, Windows 7 Premium 64bit, FSX Gold Acceleration. REX ESS, TrackIR 5, Saitek: X52Pro, Yoke, + Panels. CH Pedals. EZDok

ofentress View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofentress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:02pm
Tony......
Somehow, a flight plan finally showed up in the 2D GPS. I loaded the flight plan in the VC cockpit before switching over to 2D, rather than moving the FMC to 2D then loading the flight plan.  Strange way to do things, seems to me.  However, it was not 100% of the flight plan that was created by Flight Sim Commander. This particular plan had 5 waypoints that seem to have been exchanged for other waypoints until waypoint 6 was reached. At that point it followed the original plan until we reached our final destination and those waypoints relating to Stars and transition were not there. I'm suspecting that since the FSC flight plan also consisted of Sids, Stars and a transition, they cannot be recognized by this particular FMC.
Your guess?

Jack
Jack
Tigerclaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:40pm
Jack: Not sure about SIDS and STARS, but in theory they are only waypoints so should show up in the FMC. I'm pretty sure those waypoints are "intersections" or at least most of them show up that way on the GPS or Flight Sim Commander. The long flight I did was made in FSC but didn't contain any SIDS or STARS.

At least you're half way there, and are getting "something" to show up. I guess I should try one out to see if it's working as I think it should. If it does for me, then we know there is some sort of issue to be worked on. Won't be until the weekend now though, work and all that :)
Tony

Intel core i7-2600 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 Ram, GTX580 SC, Windows 7 Premium 64bit, FSX Gold Acceleration. REX ESS, TrackIR 5, Saitek: X52Pro, Yoke, + Panels. CH Pedals. EZDok

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:43pm
Quote but in theory they are only waypoints so should show up in the FMC.

But that pre-supposes that those waypoints are in the FMC database. You'd need to know what date the AIRAC info is from on the 146 FMC.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Tigerclaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:05pm
Ah yes, very good point. I'm not yet that familiar with FSC, and I assumed it contained the same data that FSMap or PlanG would contain, and that comes from FSX itself. If of course FSC gets its data from another source, then yes, it may not have those waypoints for SIDS and STARS.

I haven't personally input a flight plan in FSC, my flying buddy does all the routes and I just get the .pln file to save in Flight Sim folder and load into FSX. I will try though, you have me curious :)
Tony

ofentress View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ofentress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 8:33pm
Tony.......
Re-did the flight plan on Flight Sim Commander and brought things up as in a couple of e-mails ago.  Plan worked perfectly including sids and transitionsand showed up on the GPS. Odd thing about the GPS is that it won't activate even with APU running, until the engines are started. Not a big deal but odd. Still awkward having to bounce back and forth from VC to 2D with the FMC. I know, I could leave it up in the 2D but the size of it gets in the way even by scaling it down quite a bit. I hope that they put in an FMC icon in the 2D panel when they complete a SP.
Now, I'm trying to figure out how to have the FMC change altitudes after reaching an initial altitude. Changing the altitude and selecting the altitude arm seems to have no effect.

Anyway, that's progress to a degree.

Jack
Jack
Tigerclaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:47pm
From what I've read so far, to change altitude is executed by setting IAS on the auto pilot and adjusting the throttles.
e.g.. to descend, set alt. then set arm, and set IAS, Decrease throttle and the plane will descend to maintain that air speed. To climb you just increase the throttle and the plane will pitch up to maintain that air speed.

For me I just pop up the GPS 2D panel, or FMC panel from the VC. There is a click spot just above the FMC on the grey coloured background that pops up the GPS, and of course clicking somewhere on the FMC pops that up too. The GPS has an X to close it, and I think the FMC has a click spot to close that too.

I'm not sure the FMC has the capability to change altitudes and stuff. It's not fully modelled.
Tony

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic