This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

146 - Fuel Planning Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 146 - Fuel Planning Advice
    Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 7:21pm
Hi,
Has anybody got any advice about effective fuel planning for the 146?
The Aerotexas site has an option for the 146, but no data.
Thanks,
Fabio
gojozoom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojozoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 1:26am
Hi Fabio,

I assume you're request is for the Justflight model.  I've been measuring an average fuel consumption for that for some time now. According to my calculations, the average is 7500 lb/h (including climb and descent). This doesn't align with the official data:

Capacity: 22000 lbs
Range: 1800 nm

In my experience, ground speed doesn't get much higher than 350-360 KTS. Based on that, the fuel should last for 5 hours. Well it doesn't. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours out of it...

Dan
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 8:44am
Hi Dan,

Many thanks for this; yes, I'm interested in being able to plan fuel req's for the JF 146. I too have been doing some calcs based on flights.

I'm looking at fuel used to TOC using a generic multiplier for FL, with static allowances for taxi, divertions, holds, and contingency, so giving a total fuel req'd to shutdown at the gate, in a similar way to the very useful Aerotexas site.

Someone posted (on Pilotweb?) to plan the cruise on 2000-2200 Kg/Hr, or 5.7 Kg/nm plus 600 Kg for the climb, but these give different figures, so I'm averaging. Aerotexas uses constants for holds and diversions, and (I think) 5% for contingency; to this, I've added 30Kg for taxiing.

The trouble is that I have only collected data from two flights - I've done loads more, but I forget to get the figures at TOC and at the gate!

Still, I'm getting there - let's see what we can come up with!
Fabio
Jack0913 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack0913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 1:21pm
Try FUELPLAN2 it has data for the 146/RJ85 and printable Load sheet as well.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:46pm
Aerotexas now has data for the RJ85.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic