This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrust rating panel+Window reflections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrust rating panel+Window reflections
    Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:42am
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide fool-proof instructions on how to use the thrust rating panel properly-

Btw, will windows reflections be added to the VC ? I feel reflections add to the realism/immersion.

Thanks

V
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:17am
Hi Vic,

The TMS is non-functional in this aircraft. Nearly all of the TMS buttons can be clicked and all lights work, it senses the throttle lever positions and you can make some inputs and adjustments but it won't drive the throttles.

Some of the liveries have stronger reflections than others. If there is a strong demand to have all liveries with the stronger reflections, we will update them.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Some of the liveries have stronger reflections than others. If there is a strong demand to have all liveries with the stronger reflections, we will update them.ThanksMartyn

I'm not following you.I was referring to the reflections you see when you sit inside the cockpit.In the VC.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:27am
I thought you were referring to the cockpit window reflections when viewed from the exterior viewpoints.

There are currently no plans to add reflections in the VC, but if there is sufficient demand then we will of course consider adding them in a future update.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
chemanuel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemanuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 9:53pm
Please!! NO... no windows Reflections! :)
gazurtoid View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Vic,

The TMS is non-functional in this aircraft. Nearly all of the TMS buttons can be clicked and all lights work, it senses the throttle lever positions and you can make some inputs and adjustments but it won't drive the throttles.

It's non-functional but yet it provides feedback based on throttle input?  I'm confused.   Are you supposed to enter a temperature and it will return an EPR number to use when setting takeoff power?  
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:45am
I don't have this particular 146 but I can tell you, based on my experience with a different Avro RJ add-on, that the TMS works as follows...

The button to the left labelled TOGA, is pressed for either a reduced takeoff thrust, [flex] or for TOGA. If flex is used, the knob is dialled to the TEMP position and a flex temperature dialled in. Upon takeoff, you hit the TOGA button and either flex thrust or TOGA is applied.

The flex temp must be dialled down during the climb, or it will reduce the climb thrust also.

The right hand button is either for MAX climb or NORM climb thrust. You hit this button after the thrust reduction and acceleration altitude.

The centre knob also has positions for your V1, VR, and flap retraction speeds. These appear on the PFD.

Someone with the JF 146 will have to confirm how much of the above is simulated. And if applicable to the 146 as well as the Avro RJ.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic