This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BAE 146-200 SP1? Olympic Gold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAE 146-200 SP1? Olympic Gold
    Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 8:03am
This is a superb long awaited model, the externals are fantastic and it is great to fly after a little practice with getting the AP to engage without a change in altitude.

It really keeps those pre-FMC flying skills in date, and touch down makes for super eye candy.

The add-on FMC is a must, looks good and all the functions are really welcome and useful if not as comprehensive as the full modern generation FMC.

This must be one of the most beautiful planes around, and the liveries are great. And wow, those add on liveries arriving here on this forum are magic!

There are number of minor issues, most of which have already been identified and discussed in this Forum.

Meant constructively, on my aggregated list for SP1 are:

Engines are on in procedural start (fuel supply on throttles should be Off)
AUTO start leaves lots of work to do on the overhead, not really ready to roll as intimated in the manual
No transponder on/off or TA/RA switch (although frequencies can be changed)
Erroneous messages re Air Supply - only in the VC, not 2D
I get also  'CONFIG' error message, I am certain I am correctly configured
LIFT SPLR warning light and inoperative switch - no explanation of the logic
Speed is very hard to read in VC - a pop up digital reading would be very welcome

Please add any others so that when SP1 arrives the JF 146-200 can without doubt gain an 'Olympic Gold', as the 146-200 was very much a Team GB product! 

Rory

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 8:42am
Thanks for this, very useful thread!
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:35pm
Agree. Add
1. tighter turning radius needed for smaller airports without taxiways
2. One 2d panel for autopilot
3. Icon for calling various panels in VC
4. load editor with recommended speeds
5. left and right mouse click for faster(or continuous) Hdg course pointer movement
6. Higher resolution N1, 2, 3, 4 gauges for better readibility in vc
tc
FV
texerrn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texerrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:34pm
you could add: unable to adjust altitude by 1000's with left pilot panel, click spot is not in correct location. My configuration manager "hangs" will not close, doesn't appear to save anything. texerrn
texerrn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texerrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:38pm
Don't you believe it would be a good time to put all the 146-200 posts in a dedicated section. We, the purchasers are trying to tell of our findings, observations etc. but stuff is getting sent all over the place.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:05am
If you do have any suggestions or want to report issues with the product, please make sure to report them properly in addition to posting here: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

I have created a new forum section for the 146 and moved all existing topics into it.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic