This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

146-200 & 146-300 FMC's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 146-200 & 146-300 FMC's
    Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 11:45am
Hi,
I fully realise that the 146-200 had no FMC, but since we have been given the optional luxury of an FMC in the addon pack, I was hopeful that we might be able to enter extra waypoints or amend FP's on the go, as it were. ATC might issue a fly direct to BIG (VOR) instruction, or we could create flight plans that include waypoints as well as start and end ICAO's. This would be a useful feature.
The "lite" FMC is in effect a front end GUI for the GPS, and the GPS has a direct to function for navaids as well as airfields (I might be wrong, I rarely use the GPS).
What level of FMC will be present in the 146-300?
Thanks,
Fabio
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 2:59pm
The FMC has a direct-to function, which is explained on pages 13 and 14 of the FMC manual.

Unfortunately it doesn't allow for the entering of extra waypoints, but waypoints can be removed or the direct-to function can be used.

The FMC in the 146-300 will be the same as that found in the -200.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 4:17pm
Thanks, this level of increased functionality would be worth implementing, especially in the 146-300 series aircraft.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:15am
HI,
There exists substantial navigational data in the "JF146-200_NavData" directory, in the form of worldwide ILS, VOR, NDB, Fixes, and Airports; why doesn't/can't the implemented FMS access this?
I'm very keen to implement some form of direct-to navigation, such that the waypoint does not need to exist within an existing and loaded FSX FP, or using the direct-to, that it doesn't need to be an ICAO identifier, since this would improve the functionality and appeal of the FMS considerably.
Thanks,
Fabio
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 12:48pm
Fabio, this product has a price point of £24.99, remarkable value. It would be lovely to have an FMC with enhanced functionality, but that would require considerable further development, and cost.

Coding an FMC to do what you wish is far more complex than you think.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:35pm
No worries, was just curious why the nav data is already present.
I have placed a second freeware FMS into a/c for now.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 4:02pm
I was going to suggest that, which one? The Friendly panels FMC? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic