This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BAe146F-Lite or...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAe146F-Lite or...?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 10:32pm
Thinking of getting the 146 but I'm slightly ashamed to say I'm Lite when it comes to jets (time constraints). Would anyone who has got the 146 please give me and others some idea of its complexity on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Lite, 10 as hard core complex. Must say it looks good! Thanks, happy landings
Must Fly!
signmanbob View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 6:47am
Considering that this BAe 146 was never supposed to come with an flight management computer, the FLite one that was added with the expansion is more of a cockpit management device.
Since it is steam gauges, most of the complexity of this aircraft involves switches, buttons and knobs used to prepare it for flight.
If you manually set up the aircraft, I would consider it an "8", but
since they have included an "Auto-Configure" button in the Simcons, using it would make it about a "4", which is pretty simple. Basically, put in your fuel and flightplan, hit the "Auto" button and go.
I enjoy completely setting up the aircraft manually and flying it VOR to VOR using the auto-pilot, then manually flying my approach which makes it pretty hard-core and lots of fun.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:39pm
Thanks Signmanbob for your comments. I must say that 146 looks good but judging by this Forum there seem to be a few problems that need sorting out. Think I'll wait awhile before I buy. LIke you I fly 'old school' VOR to VOR my current favourite being the 747 200/300 using the old steam gauges. Happy Landings!  
Must Fly!
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:59pm
Most of the "issues" are minor if you're looking to fly "lite". As it has been stated, a few buttons will get you going, and from there on, there are no real bugs that I would consider show stoppers. I can think of several(other) aircrafts that were buggy( lock ups, weird flight dynamics, etc) that simply could not be flown. This one will please from day one.
tc
FV
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:53pm
Thanks flyforever now I'm really tempted, I need a regional for those shorthauls. "Sweetheart hows the Paypal account looking?"
Must Fly!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic