This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JF146 Air Supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JF146 Air Supply
    Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 2:41pm
Hi,
Congratulations on a fine product; it's very enjoyable to fly, and the external modelling is extremely good, and the VC has captured the era nicely.
I have run through the tutorial three times, and I'm happy with everything. However, the "Air Supply" warning light has appeared each time on the VC's warning light panel, but not on the pop-up panel. It generally appears on the climb-out or I notice it when I have levelled off (FL270).
I can't work out what step I may have missed, or whether it may be a fault (which I will then report). Has anybody got any clues for me? Both packs are on.
Thanks,
Fabio
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:28am
Were you able to start the engines when running through the tutorial?  I have tried it several times, following the tutorial to the letter, but without success.  Maybe I'm missing something?  Thanks for your feedback!
plhought View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plhought Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 4:40pm
Ensure you have the Engine Air Supply switches or the APU air switches on as well.
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 5:10pm
Hi,
I gather that the Air Supply warning lamp appears only in the VC and not in the 2D panel, a d that it will be addressed in a patch.
I'm saddened that JF felt unable to respond or comment directly to this post when in fact this issue is a bug that is known to them. I guess JF are busy with other releases, though for me the measure of quality is not quantity.
The engines can certainly be started by following the tutorial. I can only assume that you are missing a step. Try to start using a default Cessna, and then shut this down before selecting the JF146. Are you fuel levers on or off (try right clicking them when at 20% N1).
Best wishes, and good luck!
Fabio
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 5:37pm
Fabio - JF don't comment here usually, they don't offer support on the forums, so it's not unusual for them not to reply to a post.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 6:01pm
@PLH and @Fabio:  thanks for your input, I was able to get the engines running after the 5th try of the tutorial - I don't know what it was, but probably I forgot the air supply switches :-\  The next problem I am facing is the autopilot....the AP master avionics switch is on, the AP button on the pedestal is activated but no matter what I do, nothing happens when I activate the ALT ARM and the IAS button.  It doesn't adjust the pitch at all, also the HDG mode doesn't keep the current heading or change to a new one when I adjust the heading bug.  Any ideas?
FabioL View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabioL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:27pm
Hi,
I remain unconvinced about the policy of keeping customers uninformed; we are left to speculate and guess, when JF have an answer which could easily be shared. JF do respond to some forum posts, and they remain vigilant with respect to content.
Back to the AP; perhaps use a different mode such as VS for now, and the up/down pitch does work, generally I click on it until obtaining a satisfactory ascent/descent or IAS, whereupon I will press the VS - this works for me at the moment.
I'd like to know more about the -300 series, in particular systems modelling, as I'm hoping it will be comprehensive. Some information would be useful to present and future customers.
Fabio
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 10:18pm
Quote .the AP master avionics switch is on, the AP button on the pedestal is activated but no matter what I do, nothing happens when I activate the ALT ARM and the IAS button. It doesn't adjust the pitch at all, also the HDG mode doesn't keep the current heading or change to a new one when I adjust the heading bug. Any ideas?

When you set your desired altitude, press ALT ARM, then IAS button, then add some power. The aircraft is trying to maintain that speed, so it will pitch up, and therefore climb.

HDG works fine for me, but remember you're changing the HDG bug with the small knob, not the COURSE (large knob for nav left/right).
AirHauler Developer
mrpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:11am
Thanks Slopey, this time it worked - I don't know what I did wrong the last few trials.  for a descent you do exactly the same?  set new altitude, alt arm, ias, and reduce power?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:49am
Yes - set the new altitude, ALT ARM. Then get to your desired airspeed for the descent, and then IAS.

Now reduce power. The aircraft is trying to maintain the same airspeed, so it will have to pitch down to trade altitude for speed.

Once you have the desired Vertical Speed, press V/S on the autopilot and the aircraft will hold that Vertical Speed, and you can now adjust airspeed with the throttle.
AirHauler Developer
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:56am
Hi,
Everyone who normally monitors this forum have been on holiday for the last week and therefore have not be monitoring the forum. Only messages sent to our support team have been monitored and responded to.
Please always send issues that you need a response to to our support team via www.justflight.com/support.asp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic