This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 146 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

146-200 Observations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 146-200 Observations
    Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 4:08pm
Nice job! A couple of observations:
1. aircraft pitch oversensitive. On takeoff, it's tough to keep the plane from bobbing up and down, despite the slight movement of the yoke.
2. It would help number 1, if in the VC the trim had a 'green" takeoff bar.
3. Sometimes the bells drive me crazy, and have no idea what's causing them
4. Autopilot set up is problematic. Try keeping the plane stable while playing around with the three panels with the AP buttons that are covering the entire VC.  A 2d autopilot panels would help a lot.
5. Throttle and taxi speed oversensitive. The plane wants to roll at the slightest throttle movement, thus the need to apply the parking brake during taxi.
6. remove all those 2d panels and make them optional in the config.
FV
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 4:53pm
Hi Tony,

Thank you for the feedback.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
texerrn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texerrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 6:15pm
I agree about the autopilot. I landed my first ILS approach today. Why make the auto pilot so difficult? I finally figured out that you have two Buttons instead of one nav/gps switch. And that approach hold is under a different name. However my biggest complaint is that I can not disengage the auto pilot the way I am used to. I normally use one button on my joystick. Linked to (shift+ Z) I think. This procedure of having to open the pedestal view, then clicking the auto button to disengage the autopilot 500 ft. above the threshold is indeed cumbersome. I don't believe this is going to work for me. texerrn
Mangouste View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangouste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:04pm
For auto pilot, the operation is realistic for the 3D cockpit.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:38pm
Z works for me for Autopilot disengage as far as I remember - you might have to check your keyboard mappings.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Mangouste View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangouste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:53pm
I have a problem with the lights on autopilot, the PA does not light.  Another problem with directx 10 the window which controls the power ground is not displayed.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 8:38am
Please note that this isn't a support form. Any bugs/issues need to be reported to our support team: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

The autopilot operation is accurate to the real aircraft. Once the autopilot master switches have been set to on (overhead panel),  you can use the default key commands (Z, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+H etc) if you like. There is also an autopilot disconnect button on the yoke in the VC. As long as you are following the checklists and have the aircraft properly configured and trimmed, engaging the autopilot shouldn't present much of an issue.

Quote I finally figured out that you have two Buttons instead of one nav/gps switch.

Please have a read through the manual to avoid any frustrations. The autopilot is explained on pages 24 and 25, and again in the tutorial.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Mangouste View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangouste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 10:00am
I solved my problem. This plane is really beautiful, congratulations to all the team.
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 4:01pm
With partial tanks, the plane has difficulty climbing above 20,000 feet. If cruise speed is 350 kts, why is the airspeed indicator max speed red indicator at 300 kts?
It would be nice if in an upgrade, the artificial Horizon were made bigger.
There's still a background bell sound  whose origins cannot be determined after starting the plane with the "auto" and resetting the two warning lights on the vc.
FV
Robert Nesbitt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Nesbitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 11:31pm
Try Flying on outside View Press G to Raise Landing gear and Let go I did it and It Folded Back Down and I pressed L for Lights but it seemed to toggle with the Landing gear so Flying the Plane at the Moment means 1 Hand on G and 1 Hand on the Joystick 1 Challenging Flight till you Land again
The XH558 Flies Again
texerrn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texerrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:18am
I am very disappointed. I eagerly awaited this product and purchased the FSX version the first day. I want to like it and make it work. There are some serious problems. Not little items like the auto pilot, or unable to tune the nav two radios or spoiler warning lights. The flight model is very poor. At low speeds, as in approach it is barely maneuverable. Poor control input. I have trouble hitting the runway center line. It will not answer them helm. I have tried lowering the weight, 3% fuel and o passengers. NO improvement. I will bet I have now done over thirty landings. Its terrible, I am not able to hand fly this aircraft. I am using Saitek hardware.I have nearly all comparable payware aircraft and this is not like the others. Beautiful textures and lighting, I love it. But good looks are nothing if you can't land it. I have put in some twenty hours the past two days with this model and am just becoming frustrated. I will just leave it in the hanger for now. I am not trying to be mean. Hopefully someone can just tweak the configuration and it will handle better. texerrn
jrwentz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrwentz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:09am
I too am disappointed in this beauty.  You are lucky to have been able to take this acft for a flight. I haven't been able to do that yet, can't get engines 1 & 4 started, and the Config Editor is a joke, it locks up my computer then I have to exit FSX and use the Task Manager to quit the Config Editor.  I don't want this acft, no matter what it looks like, I have just requested a return.
Joseph Wentz
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 9:36am
Why don't you wait for any possible resolutions to your problems? All newly released add-ons have teething problems, this is inevitable given the vast number of unique systems out there.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by texerrn texerrn wrote:

I am very disappointed. I eagerly awaited this product and purchased the FSX version the first day. I want to like it and make it work. There are some serious problems. Not little items like the auto pilot, or unable to tune the nav two radios or spoiler warning lights. The flight model is very poor. At low speeds, as in approach it is barely maneuverable. Poor control input. I have trouble hitting the runway center line. It will not answer them helm. I have tried lowering the weight, 3% fuel and o passengers. NO improvement. I will bet I have now done over thirty landings. Its terrible, I am not able to hand fly this aircraft. I am using Saitek hardware.I have nearly all comparable payware aircraft and this is not like the others. Beautiful textures and lighting, I love it. But good looks are nothing if you can't land it. I have put in some twenty hours the past two days with this model and am just becoming frustrated. I will just leave it in the hanger for now. I am not trying to be mean. Hopefully someone can just tweak the configuration and it will handle better. texerrn

Others don't seem to be having handling issues. Are you sure you are on approach at the correct VREF?

If you say it "won't answer the helm" it could be your controller calibration.

From Avsim...

Quote Bought it. Love it! Just finished first flight KORD-kmke. Amazing plane. Great frame rates and flight dynamics are great as well. Very detailed plane, beautiful liveries. If you like the 146 you will be happy.

Very satisfied customer.

Jack

Quote this plane is clearly very good. The flight model is stable, with a bit of trim the plane can be flown by hand, and the autopilot works very well.
It's definitely a great plane in this category of jets, especially if you want to fly regional.
I don't regret the purchase, and will probable purchase QW when it comes out as well...
tc

mikeyboy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 11:31am

I have just purchased the BAE146-200 aircraft and Wow! am I not disappointed. I have been eagerly awaiting it's arrival on stand and I have to say I do like it. Not in quite the same league as PMDG JS41 but it is fun to fly. External views of flaps etc are stunning. I have just taken ownership of a Seitek yoke and throttle and am having loads of fun flying this one it is certainly hands on. Keep these great aircraft coming Just Flight.

I realise this is not a technical issue forum but wondered. I use VOXATCX and with the new upgrade to give an FMC option, the FMC takes the place of the 1st radio panel. I am therefore unable to use the radio. How do I swap to the second radio panel so VOXATC X will work? I have checked manual.

Thanks
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 1:41pm
Yep, PMDG are synonymous with extreme systems modelling, even with their interim releases like the JS41. So it's not really appropriate to compare. For those complaining about "perceived" bugs, even the JS41 has them. Graphical anomalies unless you turn icing off, and flickering bezel lines around instruments unless you use very high AA.

texerrn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texerrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 3:59pm
I understand my assessment will be considered negative. It is for the flight model.I know my negative comments will not be appreciated by those who put in a lot of hard work. But I stand by my original statement. I just tried again to land at EGJJ. I made a near perfect approach and landing. It can be done. However I have been practicing for three days. Using the nautical term, It doesn't "respond to the helm". meaning it takes undue effort to use all control surfaces. Rudder, elevator and ailerons feel like they are operating with ice on them. I know that this can be easily adjusted in the aircraft configuration. I have tried several landing speeds, different flap setting and weights. In my opinion it just is not right. I don't choose to get into comparisons with other products. But I will attempt a landing with the JF BAe146 then try another aircraft and the results are dramatically different. It is not my controls, FS settings or ability. I for one am not above tweaking the numbers in the aircraft config, to see what happens. I have over 5000 flightsim hours, which is easily documented. I have some real time hours as well. Not in the BAe I admit. The handling model could be improved. I sincerely hope someone with more knowledge can provide an improved solution. Sorry that is my opinion. texerrn
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:56pm
There are clearly some issues in this initial version. I think that an upgrade should look at the following:
1. airspeed vs pitch while descending-- the plane slows down despite the pitch down attitude.
2. autopilot at times fails to engage completely, and when it does, it fails to anticipate the turn properly, thereby always overshooting the "center" runway.
3. transition from ALT to Glidescope is tricky. If engaged when plane is not practically near the glide scope indicator, it will climb at maximum pitch!
3. The engines appear underpowered. Any setting  under 80% will bring the airspeed under 200 knots. I don't know enough about the real plane to state this as an issue, though.
4. radar digital altimeter is difficult to read-- too blurry.
5. Perhaps the pitch lines and numerical indicators in the artificial horizon should be a different color? White just doesn't show up very well.
But I consider this as teething issues for the next upgrade.

tc

FV
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:08pm
Quote With partial tanks, the plane has difficulty climbing above 20,000 feet. If cruise speed is 350 kts, why is the airspeed indicator max speed red indicator at 300 kts?

Because you are confusing TAS and IAS.

TAS (True Airspeed) is the measure of the velocity of the aircraft through the air, allowing for reduced air density and altitude.

IAS (Indicated Airspeed) is the air "seen" by the pitot tube at a given altitude. With reducing air density, less air enters the pitot tube (even though the velocity of the remaining air is higher), and so the indicated airspeed reduces as you climb higher.

Consequently, to cruise at 350 kts TAS, at 20000 ft you need to be cruising at about 250 kts indicated.

This will also help with your climb issue.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 6:10pm
thanks for the reminder on TAS vs IAS. You are correct. Can anyone please give me an airport with ILS that the BAE appears to intercept correctly. For some reason, the ILS system now appear to be totally broken. I am using LIMC, Italy.  I need to make sure that my procedure is not faulty.
tc
FV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic