This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heathrow Arr Photos *EDITED*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heathrow Arr Photos *EDITED*
    Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:19pm
Hi all, well it's a bit later than planned, ( i did say these would be up about a week after the departure batch Tongue )  however had time to go through the arrivals earlier today so here are a pick of the batch, will also get the Farnborough ones up soon too ( thats definately a promise! )

Again though, facebook, not the best for transferring them, may have to use another source next time

some people like it, others dont, but i personally like this one with the trees in, some say it is a distraction to the main point of the photo, but personal opinions i suppose Smile

light starting to fade

go around

dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:44pm
Great photo's ! Taken from Hatton Cross ? Right where I used to live!!
Thumbs%20Up
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by dodgy-alan dodgy-alan wrote:

Great photo's ! Taken from Hatton Cross ? Right where I used to live!!
Thumbs%20Up

Thanks, really annoyed though because transferring them has really taken the sharpness away, with the originals you can see everything, even the reg, zoom in and some of the sensors are clear as anything,

As for the area, wasn't Hatton Cross, though we were thinking about it, at the start of the day ( my other pic thread i did about a month or so ago ) we were at Myrtle Avenue Grass Area for departures, ( Departures and Arrivals were on the 09's )

For these we were either on the embankment of the bridge crossing over A3044 of the westerly perimeter or in a small field next to the embankment. Here the coordinates if you want to check it out on google maps;

Latitude: N51° 28' 28" (N51° 28.464')
Longitude: W0° 29' 48" (W0° 29.792')
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic