This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update - Service Pack ? Help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renealder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update - Service Pack ? Help please
    Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:33pm
Dear friends,

I have a download version from Simmarket.com.
After installation of the base software for DC-6B, I was trying to install also the following update:

- DC6B_Thirdparty_v1.1SoundUpdate.

When trying to install this file with Administrator Rights, I got the following message I had never gotten so far:
"Setup was unable to locate a valid installation of Flight Simulator from the Windows Registry".

Questions:
- Is the above file the correct file ? And how can I install it ?
- I there another Service Pack I could not find so far ?

Please illuminate me, as I would like to have the latest version on my PC with realistic sounds. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Rene
Rene
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:54pm
Hi,

Download and run the registry fix tool from here - http://ftp.justflight.info/sites/updates/jf/Misc/Fix_Reg.exe

For some reason the FSX registry entry gets broken from time to time and this will repair it, allowing you to install patches and add-ons again.
f16jockey View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f16jockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 9:38am
Same error over here.

Must be a bug in the Service Pack Installer.

There's nothing wrong with the register as the Base Pack Installer recognized the FSX registry entry.

Greetings,
Wim
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 10:27am
Could you both submit support requests so that our support team can look into this?

http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
f16jockey View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f16jockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:36am
Roger, wilco.
Wim
Alky View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 6:56pm
I realize this is an old thread, but the topic is relevant.  I have the downloaded version of the JF DC-6B and the DC6B ThirdParty v1.1SoundUpdate.exe requires a keycode of some kind, where do I get that?
George "Alky®" Fisher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic